Konzert Amp & Speakers Website

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
@ audiomachine

good day. i am having a problem with my setup. i am using a preamp equalizer with a mono sub xlr output. using 8ohms tnt sub speakers and 1000w power amp, all xlr output, the performance is ok. i then substitute a 4ohms pyle sub speakers 300w, using a variable 4-8ohms 500w amp, still using xlr output, it seems no sound is coming out of the speaker. however, when i substituted a preamp crossover using rca/pl plugs, it sounded ok.
can you help me identify the problem and solve it?
thank you.:cool:

@toygianan

probably cabling issues, balance to unbalance connection since you mention an RCA plug. Please check the connection.

XLR to RCA

Pin

1. Chassis Ground - Shield or outershell
2. Hot - Tip of the RCA Plug
3. Cold - You can terminate it (to ground) with a 10K
resistor if you like or just leave it floating

Best Regards,
audiomachines

Attachments

• 540px-xlr_pinouts.svg.png
    540px-xlr_pinouts.svg.png
    42.7 KB · Views: 542
Question about KONZERT sub-woofer...

Hello everyone...

New member in this website. I just want to ask something. My brother bought 1 pair of KONZERT 8" Professional HI-FI SUB-WOOFER, Dual Impedance:8 ohm . 8 ohm 250 WATTS PEAK 25 OZ MAGNET (KW-880M) from his friend. My question is how to assemble this sub-woofer and what others parts do I need to buy? Do I have to buy capacitor for this sub-woofer? If yes, what value of capacitor will I buy? Any one more thing... at the rear of the speaker it has a 2 pair of terminal. (+ and - ) and another (+ and -). What is the purpose of those 2?

Thanks

@rainier17

Welcome aboard! the two terminals on the back on the subwoofers means that the speaker has a dual voice coil. You can parallel the two voice coil by connecting + to + and - to - giving you a 4 ohm impedance.

Since your subwoofer doesn't come with the a T/S parameters
I will give you a rough estimate of the box/baffles dimensions.

Sealed Enclosure (no port)
height X width X depth = 11inches x 11 inches x 8 inches

Ported Enclosure (bass reflex)
11 inches x 20 inches x 8 inches
with a port diameter of 2.5 inches and length of 11 inches

You can use a PVC pipe for your port/s

You can bent the port tube using an elbow because it will exceed the depth of the box.

Your box will be tuned now around in the 35-40Hz area, good enough for your subwoofers. You can line the internal walls of the box with a 1/2 inch thick foam to serve as a damping materials.

hope this helps.

Best Regards,
audiomachines

Sub zero plan

Good day Sir Audio machine,the subzero plan that I'm asking you is,, I will load that with 18"neusch Pd 1850. maybe for the start I will buid 2pcs first & I will buy the Crell CA20 to drive that Pd 1850 .so please help me ,pls send me a Drawing or plans of Zubsero with a measurement capable for 18"neusch Pd 1850. I am very hapy if you can help me.I' here in korea now and go home next month and thats the time for me to buid or start my Dream. `The sound system' here's my emaid add.again, memants4ever@yahoo.com & the other one is ,mantsruelove@yahoo.com thank you :smash:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.