Konzert Amp & Speakers Website

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
thanks for the reply MGR....

if im not wrong i think this 150w amp by edmund wong the circuit is similar to old westrak amp But im not sure. this westrak amp is available in sta cruz manila ( raon street ) MGR ill will be waiting your post of circuit diagram......

thanks........

MGR,
I've been using this amplifier unit since 1995 to drive my 2pcs 18"400w crown woofers & started a small sound system business. About 5 years ago I bought 2pcs 18"1000w crown woofers(1860) and assembled another E.Wong's stereo amp & I plan to upgrade this to reach the voltage rail around +/-90~100VDCmax to utilize my high voltage caps.(1,200uF/160Vx20pcs) also to increase power. I have collected power amp schematics like qsc, leach, holton, etc. just for reference but mostly has no complete details in calibration & has hard to find components & very costly unlike this amp.
I have read about topics of amps bought in Quiapo & I am having the idea on what clone brand to buy that is cost-effective for my 1860 drivers.

By the way thanks for the info.
tronblitz
;)

to sir audiomachine

hi, can you give me idea of this

im building my diy mid high monitor 2 way speaker, in parallel connection for both speakers. my question is

what is the ideal or for best result for this is speaker separate amp for each speaker? or parallel connection and then connection to amp? low budget only i prefer parallel connection

what value of capacitor should be place in high speaker ?

mid speaker is 300W nominal- 500W max
High speaker 150w nominal- 300w max

i think your bright idea will help me

thank you

@black_gulaman,

my suggestions are:

1. If your woofer is utilizing a 2.5inch voice coil then the HF section should be also be utilizing a 2in ~ 2.5inch voice coil.

2. minimum 2nd order hi-pass filter for the HF section.

3. You can have a " large toggle switch" mounted on the terminal cups (where the speakon connector is also mounted) so you can have a choice of passive full range or Bi-amp mode.

4. Use a smooth curvilinear cone for the woofers for that extra mid hi "presence"

5. Have a dedicated processor for the monitors 1/3 octave eq, comp/noise gate. Monitor speakers demands more processing than the FOH speakers.

Hope this helps.

regards,
audiomachines

gud am,
why not try to build or copy qsc's usa series amps.. its not that hard to build,, and doesn't use insulators on its output,, u may try usa 900 at first.. then u can step up the supply voltage for higher output,,
the circuit just have a dual op amp then its drivers then its outputs as its active components,, so simple,, plus all parts are readily available,,,
low parts count so the pcb can easily be drawn,,

eirol_99 said:
gud am,
why not try to build or copy qsc's usa series amps.. its not that hard to build,, and doesn't use insulators on its output,, u may try usa 900 at first.. then u can step up the supply voltage for higher output,,
the circuit just have a dual op amp then its drivers then its outputs as its active components,, so simple,, plus all parts are readily available,,,
low parts count so the pcb can easily be drawn,,

@eirol_99

did u already build qsc 900? how is it? how much it cost?

thanks

good day to all.
i bought a konzert av-502a yesterday at raon for use on my sister's church choir. i really wanted the k4 or k6 but their budget is limited. we tested it at the store and it can really drive those konzert and crown 15" cabs outside pretty good at 1/3 volume. the amp will be tested next week at their church service and i'm hoping it will not let them down, but i'm still crossing my fingers.
btw, i saw those crown(local) amps there, looks simple but tough. anyone heard them in action? i still have not bought the amp for my own set-up.:bawling:

@renzshe2000

just keep your fingers cross:D I think they are tough enough to do the job (music playback, spoken words), I believe these amps powers our famous videoke systems. Just give it a comfortable load (8ohms per side) and avoid those HF feedback to avoid HF burn out. Disengage the loudness switch so the response of the amplifier is flat.
Use the the tone control section of amplifier to compensate for the speaker deficiencies or better yet piggyback it with an eq. Avoid those smiley setting on the eq (what in the world are they thinking).
Conservatism is the key when your "resources" are limited.Good luck.

best regards,
audiomachines

thanks sir audiomachines.
actually, i've tested the av-502a with their mixer, adjusted the built-in eq of the mixer, and their custom 15"cabs sounded good. and yeah, before that, i saw the mixer's eq set to the "smiley" setting:whazzat:

yes, i saw these amps being loaded to videokes and i've heard them play. oftentimes annoying at night with those drunken singers disturbing your sleep.:cannotbe:

well, i'm just an audio enthusiast and i find this thread informative. thanks and more power to all!

Gers said:
@balck_gulaman

if you want to buy westrak power amps try to visit decibez audio sales,found in ronquillo,tawid ka ng LRT unang kanto nsa corner.I am using westrak specially in brigde mod(Lakas bumayo)Sorry for my words!!:bigeyes:

@ Gers

Thanks for the info, may be u can give an idea how much it cost, can i buy it already or kits only how about casing and power supply? exact location sir of decibez? im from province

thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.