Konzert Amp & Speakers Website

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Crell CA20

@Audiomachines.

thats a good news for me if Crell CA20 is a clone of Crest Audio CA18:)
i'm planning to buy 2 Crell CA20 but i can get used one Crest Audio CA18 amp(120 Volt version needs step down transformer) for the same price of a one brand new Crell CA20.
does Crell CA20 amp can you drive it in 2 ohm load? according to amp specification you can drive it to 4 ohm load & didn't says about 2 ohm loading.

i need your opinion about this pls.

@robotech7

IMHO I wouldn't try it on a 2 ohm loads although they are crest clones they skimp on the protection circuitry unlike the original crest amp (IGM, TourClass protection schemes etc.) The clones got only the usual V/I limiter, thermal switch, rail fuses. But they will be happy driving 4 ohm loads day in day out.
I had used a soundstandard CA20 (purple logo) this past holidays driving 3 ohm bass bins per side (that would be 2.66ohms) the amp ran warm but I swear I could see my par lights go a bit dim every time the band hits a strong bass lines. I believe that the 2 ohm loading capability of the amp should only be used on"the show must go on moments" By the way there is a brand new amp in town Kevler MC2 they say it plays louder than the Sound Standard CA20.

P.S. Any macrotech/microtech 2400 for sale/junk there?

Best Regards,
Audiomachines

Re: Crell CA20

robotech7 said:
@Audiomachines.

thats a good news for me if Crell CA20 is a clone of Crest Audio CA18:)
i'm planning to buy 2 Crell CA20 but i can get used one Crest Audio CA18 amp(120 Volt version needs step down transformer) for the same price of a one brand new Crell CA20.
does Crell CA20 amp can you drive it in 2 ohm load? according to amp specification you can drive it to 4 ohm load & didn't says about 2 ohm loading.

i need your opinion about this pls.

Hello Bai, you are from Gensan? Im from CDO city.
Please let me share some of my experience to you and other DIY members here, I've been in Guangzhou last July 2008, and had an opportunity to visit some pro audio factories there, well anyway, everybody is welcome there..heheehee

Well there are a lot of China audio companies that manufactures CA series/crest clones amps and other branded clone amps. Some build with less quality at a cheaper price, some build with good quality but has a reasonable price. And some build with high quality but with higher price range too... but... still cheaper than branded WESTERN or UK products imported to our country. Opppps, please note that some have very same casing with branded amps but internal circuits were different... so a little bit tricky unless the covers are open...it's always a flood of amps and speakers there...

The very popular CA clones are from Soundstandard, recently they have upgraded their amps into 3 steps class H but I would suggest not to use 2 ohm load specially heavily compressed bass notes. For midcabs, surely they can and you will have lots of power reserve. If you love to run in 2 ohms, I would recommend a dedicated power lines with a 3 phase wiring, it will solve all your worries but be sure also that your amps is specified it 2 ohm loading.
But sad to say, statistically our country have have 70 to 80 percent poorly wired electrical lines.

Crell CA20 are one of the rebranded CA20. I have Crell also but still in 2 steps class H amplification. Not sure though if they have upgraded their amps recently.

Back in china, there are also exceptional amps there that were build to handle 2 ohms load safely with real time protections as the original branded amps, but as I said earlier, its a little high price range due to higher quality of components used.

You could have it in switch mode power supply or stick with big toroidal transformers.

For toroidal transformers, 3U rack, the highest power range I encountered there is 1800 watts @ 8 ohms and 2700 watts at 4 ohms. Uses one step higher, a B]4 STEPS CLASS H[/B] and uses ON SEMI output transistors. One powerful heavyweight amp at 42KGS

For a switch mode amplifier, 2U rack, handle 2 ohms load very safely at heavy bass signals. Still uses ON SEMI transistors, 2200 watts at 8 ohms, 4400 watts at 8 ohms and 6000 watts at 2 ohms. One very powerful lightweight amp at 15kgs. Can work well from 180 volts to 250 volts.
That time, when we test the switch mode amp, 37.5 degrees ambient temperature, with heavy bass lines for 4 hours straight, 4 speakers per channel, powering each speaker of 1000 watts RMS ( the maximum power the speaker can handle), above that power we smell burnt smoke from speaker I think due to over excursion of drivers, so we lower down the power level to 1000 watts each and the highest temperatures were recorded at 73 degrees at 2 ohm loads. Currently, further enhancement of force air cooling is on going, to suit in hot countries at 2 ohms loads.

It's Iron TYSon and Pacman Pacquiao weight difference....hehehehe.... but on my own personal preference, I prefer the lightweight amps.

All the Best,
Jayrjoe

Crell CA20

@Jayrjoe
Bai salamat sa info!

@Audiomachines
thanks for the info too!
i think its better to get those used Crest CA18 or the 9001 Amp because of its circuit protection & a little safer to drive those low or sub speakers.
i have a Macrotech 2400 (pics below)but i'm sorry to say this that they are not for sale coz right now i need more amps:(
i let you know if i can find one for sale or to fix.

Attachments

• macrotech_.jpg
    macrotech_.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 1,131
My friend is selling his Community speaker RS220 (4pcs.) from Bulacan area.

Just want to know anybody who has some experiences using this kind of speakers. I've heard this speakers in action way back 1994, and it sounds great ! there is a newer version sls920 which has improved hf driver .

comments and suggestions please.

Thanks in advance. Cheers !!

deejay1

rs220-1.jpg

rs220-2.jpg

:D

crell Ca20

@Audiomachines

Sir,what is the best 2" tweeter driver & midrange driver 10"/12" that you used so far? this include American or European manufacturer. you don't mine if i ask you this question, i just needed more info/research to build live sound system.

thanks!
robotech7

@robotech7

Here are some compression/tweeter brands that i had used:
crown 199-(the first generation/huge magnets) 3in voice coil
ev-dh1(3in voicecoil), dh3(1.75in vc)
jbl 2404,2446
emilar
p.audio
kevler neo
beyma
selenium
eminence

12" cone transducer
celestion
jbl e110
evm12

For live bands I go for the good old bass reflex cabs jbl srx clone fitted with 2 p.audio 15" 3in vc not with the usual jbl 2226 4in vc (the 2226 sounded muffled on the upper voice register) community csx57 for P.A. setups i go for the hornloaded system (electrotech, venue, "palakol")
hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Audiomachines

Greetings
I hope somebody can help me with this. I am novice and don't even have a serious back ground and experience in electricity and electronics. I only rely on Manuals and try and check until i was able to set up a sound system. I do have some concerns
(obviously) with my sound system. I have two settings wih 8 SW per set. thus 4 SW x1000 per side, However 1 side consisting 4 Crown 1860 SW in Wbins and the other side neusch PD1850 in cerwin Vega copy cabinet .While neusch PD1850 performs well on the other side but the Crown 1860 in Wbins were cancelled having a thud sound on the other side. ALL these were driven by Crell CA 16 per side4 soeaker per Amps. Was my Amps Crell CA 16 underated? Anybody can help me with this? I hope you understand what i am trying to say or you can send me emails at this add : stebs@yahoo.com

@engel

Yes sir were using bass reflex outdoors dual 15" cabs usually 2 per side with 6 to 8 L36 cabs under the stage, you just feed it with kilowatts of power na lang :D well if P.A./ Live Band for outdoors I rather go for the 3 way system, 15"+12"/10" hornloaded midrange + compression driver all in one cab or we could V-manifold 2 12"(and they claim that it has a gain of +3dB to +5dB due to the loading of the manifold) for the mids just like some RCF & EAW speakers, It throws like a horn w/o sounding honky. "Mahirap pihitan ang" all mid high horn system especially on live bands, some of the notes will have an "in your face" quality while some get lost especially when the guitarist is using those chorus/reverb/flanger fx etc. Just my 2 cents

best regards,
audiomachines

To Sir audiomachines
Yes I agree, but when i still using w-bins The difference as to my hearing between between neusch pd 1850 comparing with crown 1860 is not that much. But when we build this copy of AB36 (kuno)cabs last year (November) that's where I noticed that the difference was too obvious in terms of bass.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.