Konzert Amp & Speakers Website

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
@smeegle0218
Thank you very much. The mosfet was blown can't read if it has an "L" suffix:D

sir you could check the Vgs drive. if it reaches |10 to 15|volts, then it is safe to use standard mosfets. but if it is just in the vicinity of 5volts, then the use of logic level mosfets is a must. (i assume you are trying to substitute it with other part number)

sir you could check the Vgs drive. if it reaches |10 to 15|volts, then it is safe to use standard mosfets. but if it is just in the vicinity of 5volts, then the use of logic level mosfets is a must. (i assume you are trying to substitute it with other part number)

yes sir, actually the MOSFET was a rail switch for a 6 Kw power amplifier with all the power transistors blown (20 pieces per channel all blown, all channels blown) I am assuming that the MTP60N10 has too much gate capacitance (too slow) causing a bit of a latch up on the output rail and to add, up there were 2 mosfet (in parallel) per rail step, hence doubling the gate capacitance.:eek:

Last edited:
_MG_8916.jpg

_MG_8909.jpg

_MG_8915.jpg

boss.. what is the size of that horn?? how much? salamat

yes sir, actually the MOSFET was a rail switch for a 6 Kw power amplifier with all the power transistors blown (20 pieces per channel all blown, all channels blown) I am assuming that the MTP60N10 has too much gate capacitance (too slow) causing a bit of a latch up on the output rail and to add, up there were 2 mosfet (in parallel) per rail step, hence doubling the gate capacitance.:eek:
what brand is that amp sir? 6kW!!!! wow.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.