Konzert Amp & Speakers Website

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello all pinoy diy'rs,
sad to hear mr LEACH already died,
but his legend still lives,
i know PA ain the phils., the leach amp plays a big role in the said industry,
everybody knows every pinoy involve in PA must know WESTRACK amp,
surprisingly a leach cloned,
so leach is been there long long before,here.
besides many diy designs now readily available just one click and your there,
i maybe cannot mention it all,
but here some,
quasi,
bora,
apex ooow a lot,
also from another site,
but i will stop there,
maybe its time to share leach cloned here in the phils.,
and let interested diy enjoy the leach clone.
i know how pinoy technician need to keep a secret to catch costomer,
maybe its time to share,for it is the spirit here at diy audio,
everybody knows this
Leach SuperAmp Plans
we know this a very powerful design and open for improvement specially dealing with high power.
just help us how to handle parts replacement,and guide us upon building,
i know that this time,class d and class h is outpouring,
please let me/us experience the mother of all powerful amp diy in the philippines,

hi asia,

prof leach was a teacher and audio designer in a class on his own, his designs are built by audio DIY'er all around the globe.....

i built my first super leach amp in 1984, a scaled down version using japanese output transistors, 2SC1079/2SC679 on rails of +/-63volts....and the full version a few years later....

i used that amp on a 4way speaker system using 15inch Westwell woofer, 8inch low mid, 4inch cone high mid, dome tweeter arrays.......

the sound was indeed fantastic, very clear mids and highs that is not tiring to listen to even at high volume levels, bass was fabulous, over all very clean sound.....

this leach amp is a high fidelity amplifier......sayang kung gagamitin lang sa PA.....

the secret, if you can call it as such is in the power supply....i used 47,000ufd electrolytics, a 35 ampere rectifier bridge and very heavy power transformers whose secondaries are wound bifilliar to exactly locate the center tap, about twice as heavy as other commercial power traffos....

for PA duties, the leach topology lends itself to class G operation for better efficiency....

sir tony,
nice to hear you sir
i will quote what you said from another thread almost the same
yup...motorola dati bago naging on-semi, pwede kang gumamit ng MJL21193/MJL21194 kung pang bass....kung full range mas preffered ko yunng MJL1302/MJL3281....

yung leach amp magandang tumunog, sayang naman kung pang bass lang sya....pero pwede..
link
WestTRACK Amp

another hint,
1000w possible @ 40pcs output?/channel
same thead
http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/topic,89268.30.html

all i have done are 250watter leach amps....leach amps are not tiring to listen to even at high volume levels......
grin.gif

pang mobile ba? yes it is possible to do it, i have asked a friend to design a pcb for me using Leach's doubled barreled amplifier topology using 10 qauds of those ON-Semi devices, that's 40 transistors per channel output.

Last edited:
here what djk say about leach
Whats your view regarding parallel stage..."

The older MX2000 sounds better than the MX2000A, for what it's worth.

The Crest CA9 sounds better than those, it's class G (they call it class H, but it's linear, not a hard switch). I'm sure the OPA2604 vs the NE5532 makes a small difference, but the current limiting circuit QSC uses really makes them sound less than perfect. The dynamics are really poor. QSC uses a pair of adjustable load resistors on they output of the 5532, and depend on the current limit in the IC.

The Leach LSR&D 101 will kick either amp to the curb (with only ±63V rails, two 20,000µF caps, a 1KVA transformer, and three pair of MJ15011/12 per channel ). Driven slightly into clipping it still sounds cleaner than the QSC, and has a lot more slam in the bass. Funny how that works out, a 160W/8R hi-fi amp vs a 1KW/2R PA amp (the speakers used were a 2R load).

another,
The QSC 2000 play a little bit louder in the midrange than the LSR&D 101, not much though. The Leach sound much cleaner in the highs, much tighter in the bass, and can actually hit harder and play louder in the bass.

Amplifier power ratings on the bench driving a resistor tell little about how an amplifier will drive a loudspeaker, you have to listen to them to really tell how they sound and what they can do.

sir tony
i will quote this
the secret, if you can call it as such is in the power supply....i used 47,000ufd electrolytics, a 35 ampere rectifier bridge and very heavy power transformers whose secondaries are wound bifilliar to exactly locate the center tap, about twice as heavy as other commercial power traffos...
how to do it
the bifiliar?

sir tony
i will quote this
the secret, if you can call it as such is in the power supply....i used 47,000ufd electrolytics, a 35 ampere rectifier bridge and very heavy power transformers whose secondaries are wound bifilliar to exactly locate the center tap, about twice as heavy as other commercial power traffos...
how to do it
the bifiliar?

bifilliar winding is done by winding 2 strands of copper wire at the same time, since they are wound side by side, they will have exactly the same turns and therefore the center tap is exactly located...

Dec. 27, 2010 i was invited to be one of 4 judges in their anual STEREO shoot-out. Malabon has been known to hosts such affairs on a yearly basis, this year

i have lot's of time after a *6 year stint in Sahkalin, Russia.....

my wife's cousin Boy is also an enthusiast and was helping one of the participants, this is his set-up:
IMG_1219.jpg

IMG_1218.jpg

IMG_1216.jpg

off to the venue, a basketball court in Dampalit, this competetion is called "Juniors", the speakers being, one 15 or 18 inch woofer and various combinations

for mids and highs.

the 1,2,3 finishers all used Ruel Felix's SP3 tube preamp clones, media used were all CD's and each participant played the same program materilal from the

cd's one after the other....judging then becomes pretty straighforward.....kudos to the organizers, mr toti gregorio and company....i had a grand time

specially with the finale performance, "Hotel California"...

IMG_1220.jpg

IMG_1222.jpg

IMG_1223.jpg

IMG_1224.jpg

IMG_1225.jpg

IMG_1226.jpg

IMG_1227.jpg

IMG_1228.jpg

IMG_1229.jpg

IMG_1230.jpg

IMG_1231.jpg

IMG_1232.jpg

IMG_1233.jpg

IMG_1234.jpg

IMG_1235.jpg

IMG_1236.jpg

IMG_1237.jpg

IMG_1238.jpg

IMG_1239.jpg

IMG_1240.jpg

IMG_1242.jpg

IMG_1243.jpg

IMG_1254.jpg

IMG_1253.jpg

IMG_1252.jpg

IMG_1251.jpg

IMG_1250.jpg

IMG_1259.jpg

IMG_1258.jpg

IMG_1257.jpg

IMG_1256.jpg

IMG_1255.jpg

IMG_1264.jpg

IMG_1263.jpg

IMG_1262.jpg

IMG_1262.jpg

IMG_1261.jpg

IMG_1260.jpg

IMG_1268.jpg

IMG_1266.jpg

IMG_1269.jpg

IMG_1270.jpg

IMG_1271.jpg

IMG_1272.jpg

IMG_1273.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.