Konzert Amp & Speakers Website

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Problem with hybrid is SPL peak on 150Hz, and don't go to low for Hi-Fi, but in PA are exellent, good sound, high SPL and small box, I use only hybrid subs in last few years. EV Phoenix PX2181 is my favorite.
Regards

Attachments

• PX2181HighRes-trans.png
    PX2181HighRes-trans.png
    104.1 KB · Views: 637
@apex

Yes your right about that 150hz and it does not go low down the sub domain (40Hz below).

i use to have this subscoop 218 with infrasub 218... ss218 doin the passband 50hz to 120hz and highpass at 50z...this will be couple by a is218 50hz xing at 50hz(Example Drawing below)...this will be a 4 way active system. That was about 10 years ago.

today we only use a WSX clone and a 12"x2 + 8" + 1" for the Horn loaded tops for a simple 3 way setup...it will do Live and Dance.

Have a nice day,
jojo

Attachments

• infra_ usb dual.jpg
    infra_ usb dual.jpg
    434.6 KB · Views: 644
Hi guys, it's been a long time since i got here. I Have a questions to all you masters :) i'm planning to build a dual 15 midhighs like the SR of JBL and nowadays Kevler. my question are, are those SR's has a crossover inside? if so, what kind of crossover they have? and does it mean that 1 cab is already 4ohms? because it has two 15 inch woofer.

Any answer are appreciated, Thanks in Advance

Hi guys, it's been a long time since i got here. I Have a questions to all you masters :) i'm planning to build a dual 15 midhighs like the SR of JBL and nowadays Kevler. my question are, are those SR's has a crossover inside? if so, what kind of crossover they have? and does it mean that 1 cab is already 4ohms? because it has two 15 inch woofer.

Any answer are appreciated, Thanks in Advance

yes they have passive crossover inside, mostly 3rd order on highs and 2nd order on lows, they are complicated, see the attached schematic of sr4733 and the picture of vrx network we dismantled

Attachments

• SR4733X.pdf
    78.5 KB · Views: 316
  • 11042009(004).jpg
    11042009(004).jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 777
Thanks for the response sir C3PO, i agree it is complicated :) but how am i going to have those crossover? is there any kit that i can buy from some shops? i think i just need the simple one, because i'm going to use those speakers as full range.

How about the issue 4ohms sir? is it correct that 1 cab is already 4ohms?

BTW thanks again sir :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the response sir C3PO, i agree it is complicated :) but how am i going to have those crossover? is there any kit that i can buy from some shops? i think i just need the simple one, because i'm going to use those speakers as full range.

JBL SR4733X
SPECIFICATIONS
ACOUSTIC & ELECTRICAL SPECIFICATIONS:
• Nominal Impedance: 4 ohms
• Power Capacity: 1200W Continuous Pink Noise
• Frequency Range: 35 Hz – 18 kHz (–10dB)
• Sensitivity: 100 dB SPL, 1 Watt @ 1 Meter
• Crossover Frequency: 1.2 kHz

OK lets make it SIMPLE...JBL SR4733X network is a very straight forward design very simple...what's making it complicated is the switching circuit from Bi-amp to Full-range.

First we dissect the passive network itself...then will make the inductor coil below.

Inductance 0.6 mH
DC Resistance 0.18 Ohms
Wire Gauge 16 AWG
Wire Diameter 50.8 mils (1 mil = .001 in)
Coil Length 0.75 in
Coil Inner Diameter 0.5 in
Coil Outer Diameter 1.72 in
Average Turn Diameter 1.02 in
Wire Length 45.07 feet
Copper Weight 0.35 pounds
Turns 168
Levels 11.38
Turns/Level 14.76

Inductance 1.81 mH
DC Resistance 0.33 Ohms
Wire Gauge 16 AWG
Wire Diameter 50.8 mils (1 mil = .001 in)
Coil Length 0.75 in
Coil Inner Diameter 0.5 in
Coil Outer Diameter 2.23 in
Average Turn Diameter 1.28 in
Wire Length 81.6 feet
Copper Weight 0.64 pounds
Turns 243
Levels 16.46
Turns/Level 14.76

Then follow the circuit in the pics...

Enjoy...
jojo

Attachments

• sr network.jpg
    sr network.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 666
  • coil.jpg
    coil.jpg
    431.5 KB · Views: 657
  • sr network moded.jpg
    sr network moded.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 553
  • sr network moded2.jpg
    sr network moded2.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 545
passive crossover

dj eclair... now dj jojo md has done all the work for you :), you can buy those polypropelene caps at rs farnell makati. if you want original jbl passive networks you can visit Music Box in angeles city.. good luck to your project:)

dj eclair... now dj jojo md has done all the work for you :), you can buy those polypropelene caps at rs farnell makati. if you want original jbl passive networks you can visit Music Box in angeles city.. good luck to your project:)

icon1.gif
what is speaker sensitivity and frequency response
how can i determine the right sensitivity and frequency response of a speaker needed for my system? i've been buying speaker driver but i'm only concern on the size and its wattage. i'm not aware of the sensityvity and its frequency response. pls help

hi guys...

does anyone here has scaled down cerwin vega AB36 to fit a 15" load???...
can anyone post a plan for it here???...or point me to a website where i can find it???...

tnx...
ees...

you cannot just scale down any box...it's a mathematical equation to do that.
But i can share you this C horn for 15" driver...

I will post the dimension if want it.

have a nice day,
jojo

Attachments

• H115.jpg
    H115.jpg
    342.4 KB · Views: 236
  • h115_front.jpg
    h115_front.jpg
    306.4 KB · Views: 219
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.