diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/index.php)
-   PA Systems (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pa-systems/)
-   -   Konzert Amp & Speakers Website (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pa-systems/74642-konzert-amp-speakers-website.html)

audiomachines 21st September 2006 01:01 AM

you got mail

hienrich 21st September 2006 07:05 AM

hi audiomachine,

thanks, I got it;)

macweb

hienrich 21st September 2006 07:15 AM

ah here

does anyone of you guys know where to get supplies for
extruded heat sinks ?
I mean the ones that we commonly used for our diy power amps.
Me and my store partners need a wholesaler for such.

Well in Cebu, at AC/DC or Tommy's they sell them for more or less
17.50 pesos per inch, the thicker one.

and I think this is just too expensive for a wholesale price.

If ever you guys have an idea pls. include addresses and contact
numbers
;)

thank you,

macweb

TonyTecson 22nd September 2006 03:04 AM

this is what you want: www.conradheatsinks.com

clem_o 22nd September 2006 03:09 AM

Quick question guys - musically, which amp - Behringer or Konzert? :-) :-)

Looking for something that will push maybe 300Wrms/ch into 8 ohms...

Of course, could DIY but transformer, filter caps, heatsinks, casing, output trannies - all add to the cost. Wondering if any of the above brands would make a "nice" base design; reuse as many things as possible though certainly change the circuit topology if needed..

Cheers

TonyTecson 22nd September 2006 03:15 AM

i have not heard any of these amps, but i understand that the selling point of PA amps is that of power, lots of it...i could be wrong though...

clem_o 22nd September 2006 03:42 AM

Hi Tony,

Right of course - so can you use a brute and turn it into a ballerina (a powerful one at that?) :-)

Behringer for example claims the use of Toshiba / On-Semi transistors in their amp. Starting with that as 'base material', maybe a good-sounding amp can be made...

Cheers!

djQUAN 22nd September 2006 04:49 AM

haven't tried konzert amps but I have their compressor/limiter and dual 31band EQ and they seem pretty good for the money.

I have a habit of opening stuff when I arrive with them at home and checked these out. 100% metal film resistors and film caps. :D

audiomachines 22nd September 2006 04:50 AM

hi,

The Behringer A500 got some good reviews, I wouldn't go for the Konzert amps especially the proamps. I been around playing with these ''brutes'' for some time,IMHO good and economical for p.a. applications only, and maintenance wise to. Lots of cheap power.

Best Regard,
audiomachines

clem_o 22nd September 2006 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by djQUAN
haven't tried konzert amps but I have their compressor/limiter and dual 31band EQ and they seem pretty good for the money.

I have a habit of opening stuff when I arrive with them at home and checked these out. 100% metal film resistors and film caps. :D

Wow - where do they get parts like that... So sad that Raon doesn't seem to have such things...

Or is there???