Go Back   Home > Forums > Live Sound > PA Systems

PA Systems A forum for discussion of all parts of a sound reinforcement or DJ system: loudspeakers, mixers (desks) etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th January 2009, 01:42 AM   #531
diyAudio Member

Default crell Ca20

@Audiomachines

Sir,what is the best 2" tweeter driver & midrange driver 10"/12" that you used so far? this include American or European manufacturer. you don't mine if i ask you this question, i just needed more info/research to build live sound system.

thanks!
robotech7
Old 11th January 2009, 04:46 AM   #532
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to audiomachines
@robotech7

Here are some compression/tweeter brands that i had used:
crown 199-(the first generation/huge magnets) 3in voice coil
ev-dh1(3in voicecoil), dh3(1.75in vc)
jbl 2404,2446
emilar
p.audio
kevler neo
beyma
selenium
eminence

12" cone transducer
celestion
jbl e110
evm12

For live bands I go for the good old bass reflex cabs jbl srx clone fitted with 2 p.audio 15" 3in vc not with the usual jbl 2226 4in vc (the 2226 sounded muffled on the upper voice register) community csx57 for P.A. setups i go for the hornloaded system (electrotech, venue, "palakol")
hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Audiomachines
Old 11th January 2009, 12:56 PM   #533
diyAudio Member

sir audiomachines,
how about sir live band but outdoor?,bass reflex or horn?
and how about combination set up PA then with live bands,this is verry common problem in churh set up,
Old 12th January 2009, 03:05 AM   #534
diyAudio Member

Greetings
I hope somebody can help me with this. I am novice and don't even have a serious back ground and experience in electricity and electronics. I only rely on Manuals and try and check until i was able to set up a sound system. I do have some concerns
(obviously) with my sound system. I have two settings wih 8 SW per set. thus 4 SW x1000 per side, However 1 side consisting 4 Crown 1860 SW in Wbins and the other side neusch PD1850 in cerwin Vega copy cabinet .While neusch PD1850 performs well on the other side but the Crown 1860 in Wbins were cancelled having a thud sound on the other side. ALL these were driven by Crell CA 16 per side4 soeaker per Amps. Was my Amps Crell CA 16 underated? Anybody can help me with this? I hope you understand what i am trying to say or you can send me emails at this add : stebs@yahoo.com
Old 12th January 2009, 03:22 AM   #535
diyAudio Member

@engel

Yes sir were using bass reflex outdoors dual 15" cabs usually 2 per side with 6 to 8 L36 cabs under the stage, you just feed it with kilowatts of power na lang well if P.A./ Live Band for outdoors I rather go for the 3 way system, 15"+12"/10" hornloaded midrange + compression driver all in one cab or we could V-manifold 2 12"(and they claim that it has a gain of +3dB to +5dB due to the loading of the manifold) for the mids just like some RCF & EAW speakers, It throws like a horn w/o sounding honky. "Mahirap pihitan ang" all mid high horn system especially on live bands, some of the notes will have an "in your face" quality while some get lost especially when the guitarist is using those chorus/reverb/flanger fx etc. Just my 2 cents

best regards,
audiomachines
Old 12th January 2009, 03:29 AM   #536
diyAudio Member

@Juancho Esteban

you mean you were using an L36 cab and a subzero at the same time on your set sir?

best regards,
audiomachines
Old 12th January 2009, 11:57 AM   #537
diyAudio Member

Yes 4 L36 and 4 cabs of w bins and driven by Crell CA16 in each sides. The L 36 ( with neusch pd 1850)as you call this is giving a heavy bass while the other is wbins ( with crown 1860) for me im not satisfied wi the performance maybe this needs refinement or more trials to get to the exact bass.
Old 12th January 2009, 01:49 PM   #538
diyAudio Member

@juancho esteba

neusch- huge magnet, 2 layer 5 inch voice coil
crown 1860- 4 layer 4 inch voice coil

Huge difference here
Old 12th January 2009, 05:00 PM   #539
diyAudio Member

sir audio,
thank sir for the info.in my experience church set up is the most difficult,musicians amp not balance they control their own volume one instrument is louder than the other,and they always saying "dinig ba ko sa likod"just like competition,better if the band's are prof.
Old 12th January 2009, 06:22 PM   #540
diyAudio Member

To Sir audiomachines
Yes I agree, but when i still using w-bins The difference as to my hearing between between neusch pd 1850 comparing with crown 1860 is not that much. But when we build this copy of AB36 (kuno)cabs last year (November) that's where I noticed that the difference was too obvious in terms of bass.

Hide this!Advertise here!