Konzert Amp & Speakers Website

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
@malufhet2000

here you go...

for the 15mid its very important that you get a good 6.5" and design a good passive network and if you can modify the 6.5" panel placement so that it will be mechanically time-aligned to other drivers...this will minimize comb-filter.

just remember that if you use other drivers...response will not be same as the required drivers...but, you can eq a little (be aware of the phase shifting during eq) to get your own desired response.

have fun
jojo

Attachments

• EV_MTL_SUB- SCOOP.jpg
    EV_MTL_SUB- SCOOP.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 385
  • 15261%20kast1_raster.jpg
    15261%20kast1_raster.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 404
@engel dela pena

tough question...

The good old Pro PA 1860...we use to jig this driver in different type and configuration of boxes. too bad it doesn't have any T/S. we did also use this driver in our wbox way back then...but we have to tune the port or just sealed it (no port) so that 1860 will not over excursion due to vacuum...then we use to fill-in some fiberglass ( a lot of them) to lessen the volume of the box. that was 20years ago. 8 boxes sounded alright before.

the problem with 1860 is that power compression is too early...the stamp metal basket is too thin maybe about 1mm only...so they warp a lot and causing the voice coil (motor) to misaligned until they damaged the copper wounds.

And also 1860 has save us a lot, they did survive up to this time. you know their weakness don't abuse them.

the only box that they really shine is when we jig them in our WSX (we have to mod the box to take 1860 they are deep) again power compression is early too, but for a stock of 4 block we are amaze, we never heard 1860 perform that way before.

please take note that the subject is 1860 only...so dont try to bring in any brand.

Im not saying that 1860 is bad or good...the best thing about 1860 is they are CHEAP.

have a nice day
jojo

@engel dela pena

tough question...

The good old Pro PA 1860...we use to jig this driver in different type and configuration of boxes. too bad it doesn't have any T/S. we did also use this driver in our wbox way back then...but we have to tune the port or just sealed it (no port) so that 1860 will not over excursion due to vacuum...then we use to fill-in some fiberglass ( a lot of them) to lessen the volume of the box. that was 20years ago. 8 boxes sounded alright before.

the problem with 1860 is that power compression is too early...the stamp metal basket is too thin maybe about 1mm only...so they warp a lot and causing the voice coil (motor) to misaligned until they damaged the copper wounds.

And also 1860 has save us a lot, they did survive up to this time. you know their weakness don't abuse them.

the only box that they really shine is when we jig them in our WSX (we have to mod the box to take 1860 they are deep) again power compression is early too, but for a stock of 4 block we are amaze, we never heard 1860 perform that way before.

please take note that the subject is 1860 only...so dont try to bring in any brand.

Im not saying that 1860 is bad or good...the best thing about 1860 is they are CHEAP.

have a nice day
jojo
i heard these days that it is better to replace 1860's voice coil instead rewinding it.
maybe because 1860 rewinding cost 500 while buying new voice coil is almost same or near that price,just aline & replace like diy thing,
by the way thank you sir for answering the what you call this?a THOUGH question,would you believe i dismantle those d.b. keele box bec. of frustration i expect too much with w-bin & the 1860,another question can you share your modification of wsx i dismantle the w-bin but i still got the 1860,and do you know where to buy this 1860 ready made voice coil?

@engel dela pena

Let me rephrase..."tough question"...Hard question... what is the right box for 1860?...the problem is we don't have the T/S, thus, we cannot design or sim for a proper box.

Sure..i will draw it in 3d so that it will be clear to see where the mods happen. i will post it when its done.

5" voice coil for 1860 is available in Paul Vincent Store in Raon, Manila.

Have a nice Day
jojo

@engel dela pena

Let me rephrase..."tough question"...Hard question... what is the right box for 1860?...the problem is we don't have the T/S, thus, we cannot design or sim for a proper box.

Sure..i will draw it in 3d so that it will be clear to see where the mods happen. i will post it when its done.

Have a nice Day
jojo
way back then when you use this w-bin did you use the original port or did you sealed it?

@engel dela pena

Have a nice Day
jojo
i was thinking mine is only 4'' voice coil

Good day. sir jojo im patrick from palawan, remember me?? im hoping to start my lights sound system rental project soon. and doing a lot of research.

My plan is this (ill be using behringer loudspeaker management DCX2496).

2 MT122 and 4 186 Bins (from speaker plans) per side.

The HI (mt122 2" Compression driver) will be powered by phonic XP1000
The MID (mt122 2pc. 12" driver) will be powered by Phonic XP3000
The LO (186 BINS) will be powered by Phonic XP5000

Is it ok that the XP3000 and 5000 will be running on 2omps? because the plan is ill only use 1 pc. xp3000 for mid and xp500 for lo. So 2 omphs per channel. Will it be stable???

Or can you recommend me another amp.

And another one im also having idea of

2MT122,2 W-BINS,2 186 BINS per side (instead of 2 MT122 and 4 186 Bins) considering that i will be using a loudspeaker management. thank you.

@dakilangpatrici0

we are loading our xp3000@2ohms for the bass(100hz-600hz) using 12" drivers...then mid to hi(600hz-10khz) using 8" + 1" drivers. so far so good for the tops.

But, for the sub...we don't load our xp5000 at 2ohms just 4ohms. This is because the lower the frequency goes the smaller the impedance of the speaker driver gets...when this is happening amplifier gets to draw more current, thus, making it hotter...while XP5000 claims it has all the Fool-proofing protections, don't take chances.

don't mix and match different type of boxes, you will have time alignment issues...if use wbins make it all wbins, if 186 horns then 186 it is.

i know that DCX can handle the time issue...just do it right the first time, that all your boxes are uniform and mechanically time-aligned and you will never go wrong.

have a nice day
jojo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.