Konzert Amp & Speakers Website

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
@rhodrich

Gribox just posted the plan...anyway, heres the 3d cutaways to follow the assembly...

have fun
jojo

Attachments

• hd15.jpg
    hd15.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 351
  • hd151.jpg
    hd151.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 308
  • 20100621200026_3s.jpg
    20100621200026_3s.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 303
how to texture paint your speakerbox diy way...since acrytech products Speaker Cabinet Coating for superior performance Speaker Cabinet Texture Coating in gloss or satin are not locally available...here's a simple way on how to mix your own textured paint.

this are water base paint...Do Not Mix with H20 (water)

versatex high profile 7517...then mix with acrycolor black pwtac-1117 with 1:1 ratio...then mix a acrycolor thalo-blue .25% ratio...stir very very well.

to apply use a nylon texture roller brush...clean your brushes with water.

to finish apply boysen 700 clear gloss emulsion.

i hope this can be applicable to others...

have a nice day
jojo

Attachments

• textured roller.png
    textured roller.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 1,005
how to texture paint your speakerbox diy way...since acrytech products Speaker Cabinet Coating for superior performance Speaker Cabinet Texture Coating in gloss or satin are not locally available...here's a simple way on how to mix your own textured paint.

this are water base paint...Do Not Mix with H20 (water)

versatex high profile 7517...then mix with acrycolor black pwtac-1117 with 1:1 ratio...then mix a acrycolor thalo-blue .25% ratio...stir very very well.

to apply use a nylon texture roller brush...clean your brushes with water.

to finish apply boysen 700 clear gloss emulsion.

i hope this can be applicable to others...

have a nice day
jojo

thanks sir jojo ,,ito na ang matagal kong gustong malaman..since fiber glass matting is to hard to do,,sir this kind of paint is this available in all paint center nationwide including in provinces far from manila..thanks

Last edited:
mt2 vs wsx

HI all,

I am newbie here I just wanna ask which is better to use in subwoofer mt2 or wsx, If I used 1850 speaker driver will work in mt2 box? and anybody used the mt2 box? I`ve seen this set-up in manila med. concert bass, is good But I dont know which driver they used.

regards,
smblite

do we have amps to DIY to run this piece of monster???...

hi guys...
pardon to interrupt...
i'm just wondering...
i saw this speaker in an electronic store just yesterday when i was buying components for my diy amp...
i was really shocked with that guy hanging with those other guys...t'was like" hey... i never saw something like this before"...
it was a SOUND BARRIER 18" speaker which is 2200w @ 8ohms...with a magnet diameter of about 12"...gosh!!! i didnt get to see its voice coil diameter...
do we have something to diy just to turn this guy ON???...
tnx...
regards...

Attachments

• Eesbib0i0869.jpg
    Eesbib0i0869.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 738
  • Eesbib0i0866.jpg
    Eesbib0i0866.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 709
HI all,

I am newbie here I just wanna ask which is better to use in subwoofer mt2 or wsx, If I used 1850 speaker driver will work in mt2 box? and anybody used the mt2 box? I`ve seen this set-up in manila med. concert bass, is good But I dont know which driver they used.

regards,
smblite[/QUO

Folded horn design is far more better than those manifold technologies if you are doing outdoor sound, if you want to build the wsx you have to build at least minimum of four per side mirror setup to achieve coupling effect becoz it was design to stack into array. Crown 1850 don't have t/s parameter I don't know f 1850 works well in wsx. A speaker with low qts and fs, hi BL and high xmax work well in horn design. Original wsx was fiitted with RCF driver but builders from UK are fitting void18-1000 speaker and they says it plays louder than the original wsx from martin.

arnold manuel; Folded horn design is far more better than those manifold technologies if you are doing outdoor sound said:
Hi Arnold,

Yes I`m planning to build sound system and looking for compactness subwoofer and I`ve seen this MTL2 posted by jojo and I`m thinking that this MTL2 is suitable in PA touring, But like said I dont knw what driver to use and also measurment of this box.

Maybe I try first the wsx subwoofer becoz I`ve noticed that this subwoofer will work in 1850 driver which is available in our local store, and like you said 4pairs wsx per side is enough for starting.

Best regards,
smblite

samples of wsx stacking configuration...

have a nice day
jojo

Attachments

• wsx01.jpg
    wsx01.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 1,041
  • wsx02.jpg
    wsx02.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 1,000
  • wsx03.jpg
    wsx03.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 923
  • wsx06.jpg
    wsx06.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 327
  • wsx05.jpg
    wsx05.jpg
    311.1 KB · Views: 766
  • wsx04.jpg
    wsx04.jpg
    574.5 KB · Views: 906
  • IMG_0005.JPG
    IMG_0005.JPG
    482.4 KB · Views: 325
  • DSCN2466.JPG
    DSCN2466.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 317
  • Image050.jpg
    Image050.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 313
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.