Konzert Amp & Speakers Website

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
pls help,

ihave try to build martin wsx design box ive finish to 2 box with crown 1815 speaker. i dont know what is the right cross over frequency bec. when i test it sounding thud i like more low sounding i just set my cross over to lowpass 200hz 2nd order. as of now im still building 2 moresme box.pls adviced. thanks alot

Zrols? is this you? LOL!

Remember WSX is a kickhorn, you have to build at least a group of 6/8 to have more low extension. With only 2, you can't get the lows that you wanted.

What is you application by the way?Try building a hybrid horn
(ex. STASY X, XXL, etc) high fidelity and well rounded bass even only 4 of them. just build more of them to get more SPL. uild

Any build pics, can you post the TS parameters of your driver please?

regards

Last edited:
sir i dont have ts parameter of this speaker i just buy the shop. so w-bins are better than wsx box. sir can what kind speaker or horns to make the PA soaunds crispier.

Hmmn talking about wbins, there are a lot of versions of them. Some of wbins are ported, some are not. Some with longer horn length, some has shorter horn length.

Kindly specify what is your goal sir and your application of using your cabs. seems crispier is on the mid and high frequencies.

WSXmydriver.png
[/IMG]

@ rhodrich

my driver 2pi,@ 1 watt/ meter.
below 60 hertz the response drops. more emphasis on the kick region.
you got to build more cabs at least 4 and up...

Last edited:
Zrols? is this you? LOL!

Remember WSX is a kickhorn, you have to build at least a group of 6/8 to have more low extension. With only 2, you can't get the lows that you wanted.

What is you application by the way?Try building a hybrid horn
(ex. STASY X, XXL, etc) high fidelity and well rounded bass even only 4 of them. just build more of them to get more SPL. uild

Any build pics, can you post the TS parameters of your driver please?

regards

-----------------------------

@jayrjoe
definitely not me! LOL!
oh, yes, by the way, I am not also aware of the parameters of the crown speakers. actually, crown 1860, 1815, 1816pa - these speakers are so mysterious to me. LOL! but anybody, who is nearer Raon, can ask for the parameters please? and please include neusch PD1850A and PD1850X. What is the difference between these 2 drivers? I also have heard about the crown "Jackhammer" version. can anybody share something about the parameters of these drivers? oh, thanks in advance.

sir i dont have ts parameter of this speaker i just buy the shop. so w-bins are better than wsx box. sir can what kind speaker or horns to make the PA soaunds crispier.
--
wsx and subzero are simply two different types of cabinets. subzero is more on chest pounding - shorter horn, ported good for medium throw. wsx is ground shaking (if loaded with beefy drivers), full, and lower even at 50hz is still loud enough, and long throw. i think it is not even bad to have both subzero and wsx in your system. by the way, wsx needs reputable sub amps, they seem to consume too much power compared to a subzero loaded with the same drivers. i think its normal bec of the length of the horn. we tested it up to 80hz. the best so far. we have to test it more with other drivers though.
have you finished your 4th wsx? i think crown drivers are good in this enclosure. p audio 650EL didn't sound so much different from the crown (without parameters!). i think, the neusch speaker is the best suited driver for wsx. maybe i will hear the same opinion from others.
regards.

--
wsx and subzero are simply two different types of cabinets. subzero is more on chest pounding - shorter horn, ported good for medium throw. wsx is ground shaking (if loaded with beefy drivers), full, and lower even at 50hz is still loud enough, and long throw. i think it is not even bad to have both subzero and wsx in your system. by the way, wsx needs reputable sub amps, they seem to consume too much power compared to a subzero loaded with the same drivers. i think its normal bec of the length of the horn. we tested it up to 80hz. the best so far. we have to test it more with other drivers though.
have you finished your 4th wsx? i think crown drivers are good in this enclosure. p audio 650EL didn't sound so much different from the crown (without parameters!). i think, the neusch speaker is the best suited driver for wsx. maybe i will hear the same opinion from others.
regards.

zrols,

if your using a driver with low sensitivity, you will need more power to push the drivers. trying using drivers with 98-99 sensitivity. as i reckon WSX loaded with proper driver has 105 sensitivity/ watt meter measured in half space.

Last edited:
zrols,

if your using a driver with low sensitivity, you will need more power to push the drivers. trying using drivers with 98-99 sensitivity. as i reckon WSX loaded with proper driver has 105 sensitivity/ watt meter measured in half space.

hi. the C18 650EL has 98dB sensitivity. I have not known any driver available in the local market with 105 sensitivity. C18 has a newer version, 800w 96dB sensitivity, but with 8mm xmax. i wish i can have two of these. they cost 12200 a piece.

ive read somewhere that WSX is power hungry. i thought it was false. but i also found it correct when we tested the C18 650EL inside the wbin and wsx (4 ohms config/ 2 boxes per side ). fed with the same signal, wbin was loudly ok, but the wsx started to distort. so we had amps at bridged mode, still at 4 ohms, and there it was - boom! boom! i like the way wsx sounded. but i guess giving the drivers too much power is not good too.

that is why i am looking forward for the 5" coil neusch. I guess it was sir audiomachine who has exprienced loading it in inside wsx. anybody who knows the BL and xmax of the latest version of neusch drivers?

regards

hi. the C18 650EL has 98dB sensitivity. I have not known any driver available in the local market with 105 sensitivity. C18 has a newer version, 800w 96dB sensitivity, but with 8mm xmax. i wish i can have two of these. they cost 12200 a piece.

ive read somewhere that WSX is power hungry. i thought it was false. but i also found it correct when we tested the C18 650EL inside the wbin and wsx (4 ohms config/ 2 boxes per side ). fed with the same signal, wbin was loudly ok, but the wsx started to distort. so we had amps at bridged mode, still at 4 ohms, and there it was - boom! boom! i like the way wsx sounded. but i guess giving the drivers too much power is not good too.

that is why i am looking forward for the 5" coil neusch. I guess it was sir audiomachine who has exprienced loading it in inside wsx. anybody who knows the BL and xmax of the latest version of neusch drivers?

regards

LOL!
there is no such speaker that has 105 sensitivity.....:confused: :eek: wish i could design one...:spin:

the one that im talking about is WSX loaded with proper driver will have at least 105 sensitivity measured at at 1 watt per meter in half space.... i heard them for myself using just chinese amps, whats your amp by the way???

bet the crown has a sensitivity lower than that of PAUDIO and NEUSCH...that is why you need more power to push it.... maybe im wrong.... posting the parameters of crown could prove me wrong.

BTW...Neusch PD1850B has a sensitivity of 96.6 measured on LMS, sorry i can't post the complete measurements...
regards...

Last edited:
LOL!
there is no such speaker that has 105 sensitivity.....:confused: :eek: wish i could design one...:spin:

the one that im talking about is WSX loaded with proper driver will have at least 105 sensitivity measured at at 1 watt per meter in half space.... i heard them for myself using just chinese amps, whats your amp by the way???

bet the crown has a sensitivity lower than that of PAUDIO and NEUSCH...that is why you need more power to push it.... maybe im wrong.... posting the parameters of crown could prove me wrong.

BTW...Neusch PD1850B has a sensitivity of 96.6 measured on LMS, sorry i can't post the complete measurements...
regards...

you're right. the original wsx driver's parameter has 105 sensitivity. i believe there must be other expensive imported drivers that are sold/ordered by local distributors. one has to find them though.

you're right. the original wsx driver's parameter has 105 sensitivity. i believe there must be other expensive imported drivers that are sold/ordered by local distributors. one has to find them though.

zlrols,

Nope, im sorry you miss my point... the original WSX driver does not have a sensitivity of 105db..
its impossible to attain that, you can look at some specs of branded speakers... even precision devices can't make it.

what i meant is a single WSX loaded with proper driver, then measured in half space will have at least a sensitivity of 105db SPL at 1 watt/per meter. this is the advantage of a horn design compare to bass reflex designs, the horn loading increases the efficiency..
A single bass reflex if properly tuned will have an average sensitivity of 95 to 97db SPL only...

regards,

sir,

the pro1815 has a sensitivity 99db/w/m 1000-1500 watts while jackhammer JH181 has a sensitivity 107db/w/m 600 to 1000 watts. mybe jh181 is good for wsx and also the speaker in not that xpensive. than crown 1815. hoping for feed back.

sir,

107db!!! :eek::D again it would be impossible to attain that, maybe its measured in one frequency say 500Hz
would be good if crown could post their measured parameters..

Last edited:
sir,

107db!!! :eek::D again it would be impossible to attain that, maybe its measured in one frequency say 500HZ....
would be good if crown could post their measured parameters..

@jay
i just share a good laugh after following up our thread here. a good laugh after lunch is good for food digestion. :) maybe the truth is that there is no "standard" measurement for these drivers. point taken re: sensitivity.

@rhodrich
so how much do they cost? i mean the jackhammer and the 1815? do you have pictures of these drivers? my opinion is that better test these drivers for a longer period time. maybe with your 4 wsx, a better decision can be made of which driver is better.

regards

speaker heatsink

Greetings
I'm new to this forum, I have a mobile sound sustem My problem was the VC of my speaker (TnT 18AKDSW) toasted if I run my system (no overdrived)>4 hours continously during the disco.
Can we attach a heat sink in the speaker magnet to reduced VC tamperature during the run. Is this possible? Any suggestion from the experts.
Thanks for the help.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.