Konzert Amp & Speakers Website - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Live Sound > PA Systems

PA Systems A forum for discussion of all parts of a sound reinforcement or DJ system: loudspeakers, mixers (desks) etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th July 2006, 07:45 AM   #11
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to audiomachines
hi sir,

these 15''s starvox were nearly 30 years old, IMHO they were made in a time were manufacturer's know what they are doing, today sir, how many local manufacturers publish their drivers T/S parameters? response plot? some of my collegues in the sound system business (mostly audiophiles,older and more experienced than me) say that it is one of the better (not the best) loudspeaker made locally, and I agree.
very narrow winding gap for max efficiency, thick top plate so that the voice coil will be kept cool and can withstand more power, very light cone, flat spider (not the cup type) to minimise voice coil rubbing during high excursion. sure
it doesn't perform as well as the JBL's, ElectroVoice (my favorite), Emminence, Celestion, Wharfedale etc. But I believe it is one of the better made speaker locally, something we Filipinos can be proud of.

good day

ps. maybe we should start another thread sir.
Old 28th July 2006, 03:18 AM   #12
clem_o is offline clem_o  Philippines
diyAudio Member

Hey, I wish they still made things like that today! :-)

Cheers
Old 30th July 2006, 10:45 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

hello guys,

amen to that sir,amen. how i wish too... here are some pro audio amps from china. Konzert K2 and the subwoofer pounder (or toaster ) the Konzert H3000, can blow your ever famous Crown 1860 dual magnet
(stack magnets) 18in. speakers with ease. Crown 1860 has a 4 in. 4 layer voice coil, wound with a #25 magnet wire!

good day
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc00570.jpg (65.6 KB, 5717 views)
Old 30th July 2006, 01:00 PM   #14
AJT is offline AJT  Philippines
diyAudio Moderator

hey audiomachines,

do youhave pictures of its innards? i bet it is QSC clone just like the Kinetics line of amps sold locally....
Old 30th July 2006, 04:10 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

hello,

no sir, but i had repair some of them, Konzert k2,k4,k6,k8,and the power plant of them all k10. The k series is a linear dual differential input, 3 deep darlington ckt on the driver and output stage, basically a very low bias class b perhaps. (the heatsink barely gets warm at idle and yet k6 and k10 has a rail voltage of +/- 120V and +/-140V respectively) while the h3000 is a class H design with a rail voltage of +/-70V for the lower supply and +/-140V for the high supply, does not use mosfet to switch rail but instead it uses bipolar tranies, similar to the Crest Audio CA Series (i think), sir i think you are referring to the Kinetic CS 1000? yes sir it has a topology just like the QSC's, I had 4 units a long time ago.

good day
Old 31st July 2006, 01:28 AM   #16
clem_o is offline clem_o  Philippines
diyAudio Member

Any common faults in those you serviced?

Thanks for the info!

Cheers
Old 31st July 2006, 03:44 AM   #17
diyAudio Moderator

hi,

how about transformer size? how heavy are they? torroid or ei's?

thanks..

for pa work, class b is not bad....
Old 31st July 2006, 04:18 AM   #18
diyAudio Moderator

oh, btw, i know MGR is developing some class H power amps, you may pm him in case you are interested...
Old 31st July 2006, 04:36 AM   #19
MGR is offline MGR
diyAudio Member

Hello guys
The konzert K series amps K1,K2,K6 etc is made by the chinese company Aolong.In china they call it M1,M2,etc.Also the H3000.Hope this helps.

Regards MGR
Old 31st July 2006, 07:28 AM   #20
diyAudio Member

hello again,

I forgot to mention that there would be a trade show exhibit at World Trade Center this coming August 9-12, 6th PALMM-Philippines, admission is free. Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg invitation_format_for_ms._may_jpg_2.jpg (54.3 KB, 5276 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!