Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PA Systems A forum for discussion of all parts of a sound reinforcement or DJ system: loudspeakers, mixers (desks) etc.

Konzert Amp & Speakers Website
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th December 2011, 01:10 AM   #1861
tinitus is offline tinitus  Europe
diyAudio Moderator R.I.P.

wilbert, I will allow this one single post in non english language

in the future, please post in english language

moderation
Old 6th December 2011, 01:17 AM   #1862
wilbert is offline wilbert
diyAudio Member

hi sirs,
im planning to put up sound system, i canvass at RAON & offer me MAGUS PO-1200 for sub for Php 16,000. i have not enough budget for the high class china apms. so for starting im planning to buy this one. is it ok? anyone who tried this amps> thanks
Old 9th December 2011, 04:55 AM   #1863
hypertech is offline hypertech  Philippines
diyAudio Member

Hi DJ Jo i saw an AG audio subwoofer design very similar to WSX the only difference is there depth and width (how do they differ in terms of bass punch and throw in term of distance) base on your analysis and wide experience in audio system. tnx nd more power. am planning to build either of the two after gathering some info which is the best design.
Old 14th December 2011, 08:44 PM   #1864
dj_jojo_md is offline dj_jojo_md  Philippines
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to dj_jojo_md Send a message via Yahoo to dj_jojo_md
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypertech View Post
Hi DJ Jo i saw an AG audio subwoofer design very similar to WSX the only difference is there depth and width (how do they differ in terms of bass punch and throw in term of distance) base on your analysis and wide experience in audio system. tnx nd more power. am planning to build either of the two after gathering some info which is the best design.
Due to a shorter horn (AG Audio) this will have limited extend in your longwaves...unlike WSX has a 7' horn length which ca easily produce 30hz or maybe less when they are in goups of 4 boxes...have anice day Hypertech.
Old 19th December 2011, 03:16 AM   #1865
therdy64 is offline therdy64  Philippines
diyAudio Member

Hello kababayan Im newbie here need help where can you recommend to service my amp its Crown Power Tech 2 i accidentally drop its to heavy for me the switch on and off came out. pls. i need your help. and usually how much average price? if it is worth to fixed.

And another one i have QSC CX 302 70V it wont work on .8 ohms driver What do i need to make it functional? They said its for PA sorry for my ignorance that's why i'm here asking for help. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Old 21st December 2011, 05:32 AM   #1866
diyAudio Member

Q1. another bothering in my mind DJ Jo is that, do the perforated steel cover in front of the wsx bin have a significant rule in terms of solid punch of a bass or just same without a cover? or just simply decorative and protection of subwoofer bin?

Q2. another thing is what is best cut-off frequency for the compression driver for the best, clean, crisp high frequency response and also for the protection of the compression driver? frequency response is 500Hz - 8Khz. tnx for the response in advance.
Old 25th December 2011, 06:30 AM   #1867
diyAudio Member

Q1. another bothering in my mind DJ Jo is that, do the perforated steel cover in front of the wsx bin have a significant rule in terms of solid punch of a bass or just same without a cover? or just simply decorative and protection of subwoofer bin?

Q2. another thing is what is best cut-off frequency for the compression driver for the best, clean, crisp high frequency response and also for the protection of the compression driver? frequency response is 500Hz - 8Khz. tnx for the response in advance.
Old 25th December 2011, 08:37 PM   #1868
dj_jojo_md is offline dj_jojo_md  Philippines
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to dj_jojo_md Send a message via Yahoo to dj_jojo_md
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypertech View Post

It has nothing to do or effects in terms of longwaves (Subwoofer Frequency are long wavelengths) they will just pass thru it.

That will be determined by your conpression driver horn cut-off frequency...use a 2nd or 3rd order high pass filter (take note of the phase shifts...use a time delay to align your speaker system) to protect them from low frequencies, they usually die when low frequency pass thru them.

Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year...
jojo
Old 27th December 2011, 09:28 AM   #1869
diyAudio Member

To DJ Jojo

Sir have you seen the design of Startec called Super Bass Horn? wat can you say about thier design? They have a longer path of compression than wsx, maybe a little bit of modification of horn mouth, what can you say sir about thier design? actually our school had already 4 ready made w-bin bought in raon, i admit they are quit loud powered by crown CS1000 into 4 ohms/2 sub/channel but am not satisfied with the punch ive been looking that's why i keep on digging on the net. any input on my query is highly appreciated. tnx in advance for the response.
Old 3rd January 2012, 02:41 AM   #1870
1SaGing5 is offline 1SaGing5  Philippines
diyAudio Member

seems like were getting so far from the TS' question

Konzert Amp & Speakers WebsiteHide this!Advertise here!