Konzert Amp & Speakers Website - Page 169 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Live Sound > PA Systems

PA Systems A forum for discussion of all parts of a sound reinforcement or DJ system: loudspeakers, mixers (desks) etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th June 2011, 01:29 AM   #1681
diyAudio Member

To Sir Jojo....

thank you sir for the reply...long live...

tnx benny
Old 1st July 2011, 12:40 AM   #1682
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_jojo_md View Post
thanks sir,

sirs, can you give me an idea or ways on how to eliminate or rather control the echo reverbing sound inside a close gymnasium? 30 mtrs width and 60 mtrs in length. an audio owner told me that you have to bring to the maximum volume as possible inorder to cover the echoes, which i think it's not the right way.

how can i make a clearer sounds, vocals especially? How about the punch of the base sir? Basically, lessen the base or boost it? how about thE mids sir? any particular frequencies to both? i have a setup this saturday inside a gym, hopefully i could have an idea from you sirs. . . thanks. .
Old 1st July 2011, 01:07 AM   #1683
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to dj_jojo_md Send a message via Yahoo to dj_jojo_md
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolMax Audio View Post
thanks sir,

sirs, can you give me an idea or ways on how to eliminate or rather control the echo reverbing sound inside a close gymnasium? 30 mtrs width and 60 mtrs in length. an audio owner told me that you have to bring to the maximum volume as possible inorder to cover the echoes, which i think it's not the right way.

how can i make a clearer sounds, vocals especially? How about the punch of the base sir? Basically, lessen the base or boost it? how about thE mids sir? any particular frequencies to both? i have a setup this saturday inside a gym, hopefully i could have an idea from you sirs. . . thanks. .
What is the Height...is it roofed with or without walls?...these venues are sometimes not designed with respect to acoustics...if so, it will be very expensive...

sometimes...when we face this kind of venue acoustical problem...we will just set our FOH as high as can be (almost near the ceiling) then firing them down directly to the audience using them as absorbent to minimize standing waves...with SPL just enough not to create to much room modes but, just enough intelligible at the end of the venue...there will be lots of EQing compromises to take out some problematic frequency caused by room modes.
Old 1st July 2011, 01:50 AM   #1684
diyAudio Member

covering the whole area 30x60m is 1800sq m,
1800sq m=1800w
another thing is the height from floor line to roof/ceiling
huh!lots of power
Old 1st July 2011, 02:33 AM   #1685
diyAudio Member

single point cluster speaker aimed at the crowd hung well above near the ceiling will do the job, topic discussed by EV on their applications/design books decades ago,,
Old 2nd July 2011, 03:06 PM   #1686
tibo is offline tibo  Philippines
diyAudio Member

To sir jojo

Im newbie here, i saw this speaker plans in the net and planning to build it. Also thinking to put a Crown JH157 and matched to a Crell CA8. Need your advise, suggestion if Im on the right track. Thanks

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 2nd July 2011, 04:08 PM   #1687
diyAudio Member

To sir jojo:

here the plan i saw and planning to build. to be loaded with jh157 matched to Crell CA8..need your opinion...
Attached Images
File Type: gif mb115b_tz (2).gif (40.5 KB, 264 views)
Old 3rd July 2011, 06:35 AM   #1688
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to dj_jojo_md Send a message via Yahoo to dj_jojo_md
Quote:
Originally Posted by tibo View Post
To sir jojo:

here the plan i saw and planning to build. to be loaded with jh157 matched to Crell CA8..need your opinion...
Here is the link for this DIY...
Visaton - Lautsprecher und Zubehör, Loudspeakers and Accessories

if your planning to use this as your subwoofer for your SR...you might get disappointed...Crell CA8 will run out of juice and will just burn your drivers due to clippings...get an amp big enough for your Subs...

have a nice day,
jojo
Old 4th July 2011, 03:28 AM   #1689
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_jojo_md View Post
Here is the link for this DIY...

if your planning to use this as your subwoofer for your SR...you might get disappointed...Crell CA8 will run out of juice and will just burn your drivers due to clippings...get an amp big enough for your Subs...

have a nice day,
jojo

Thanks sir, it was enlightening...Sir due to budget constraints, i may not get a bigger amp than the CA8, how bout it will stay and just replace the speakers then. What would be the ideal replacement for the speaker? or the other way around.
Old 6th July 2011, 01:31 AM   #1690
diyAudio Member

just sharing,
hi to all leach enthusiasts,
i am just about to share sources of silver mica caps
one that is hard to find leach parts,
another source aside from farnell,rs,mouser etc.
Catalog
thanks

Hide this!Advertise here!