Konzert Amp & Speakers Website

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
yes mate I do plan to buy new amp. the SOUNdstandard CA20 is my top priority but i heard from here in our area they have problem regarding product support and technical assistance. do they really have?

I opened my Crell alpha 2000 amp for general cleaning.
i have found out that it has exactly the same specs in terms of power rating compared to the SVENTA MA10 as posted in thier website, not sure though if they really have same circuits. or maybe they have, they only change the casing.

Comparing my K10 amp to my Crell alpha 2000, the K10 has a bigger toroidal compared to Crell. they almost have the same rating with my K10, (1000 watts 8 ohms per channel.) while the Crell is 1080 watts, 8 ohms)
i wonder why the Crell has a smaller transformer considering they almost have same rating with K10. from the manual the Crell alpha 2000 is a Class H topology not sure if this is really class H. any thoughts mate?

there is a sticker attached in the torroidal transformer of CRELL. these are the voltages.

@left channel
+ 51V 0 -51 V (14 A)
24 volts AC
@right channel
+ 51V 0 -51V (14 A)
24 volts AC

once i finished reassembling the amp, i will measure the rail voltage of this crell amp. I will update later for new measurements.

yes more on techno stuff mate but do also play heavy bass techno and do some remixes at home using MIXMIESTER FUSION.

best regards,
jay-r

@ lizgar

hi mate, here's the pics sorry a little blurred i only use phone camera.

this is a 3U amp. Crell Alpa 2000.

Attachments

• image_00167.jpg
    image_00167.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 917
CRELL ALPHA 2000

it has a total of 8 capacitors rated at 100Volts/ 10,000 uf. then
a total of 20 power transistors in each channel (10 pcs 2SC5200 and 10 pcs 2SC1943.) so a total of 40 power transistors on both channels.
i have noticed that in each channel it has a total of 8 vacant slots for power transistors, while a total 0f 4 vacant slots for capacitors.maybe for high power like the SVENTA MA14.

the ratings

1080W at 8 ohms
1500W at 4 ohms
2900 W at 8 ohms bridge
4350 W at 4 ohms bridge

this has the same rating from this amplifier (SVENTA MA10) distributed by KOLIN also.
http://www.kolin.com.ph/ourproducts/audio-pa/ma10.htm

I'm afraid they don't have any product support mate, your pretty much on your own. A hint if it is of a class H or G design, the collector (the center leg of 2SC5200 and 2SA194) of the output tranies would have different voltages (i.e. this bank of output transistor has a rail of 70V while the other bank has 140V and the emitter of the tranies that has the higher voltage is connected to the collector of the tranies that has the lower voltage).

Rave/Techno: stuff in my opinion you would be better of with the fast 15er subs (lots of then) than the slow 18er sub. Since your after the tight "thump" and not so much of the rolling ''ooommph". And how about using a speaker with a much higher sensitivity rating (watt/dB/meter) i believe your using low efficiency speakers, Thats why your using that much power to achieved the level that you want. After all your 1000watt amp is only twice as loud as a 100watt amp. And how about a pair of pioneer cdj100s and a dj mixer so that you can mix live and who knows you may discover that you had a talent for mixing
Just my 2 cent mate, cheers and protect your ears (i hope)
:D

@lizgar

hi mate, maybe they almost have same physical configuration but not sure if we take a closer look or the schematics of the amp if they are the same. they look also similar with K10 but the K10 has a different voltage at the transformer. have no time a while ago to reassemble my Crell cause got a service call at the hospital. maybe later I could re-assemble the amp.

ill update later for some developments.

oh IC, they really dont have support..:-(. well its time to learn on our own and with the help of our fellow enthusiasts we could do it.

I only use T&T speakers, dual spider and dual stack magnet mate. 18 inches. they are pretty fast and hard hitting bass 18's with very stiff spider. I ask the TS parameters from the manufacturer, it has a sensitivity at 101 db at 1 watt. I designed a bass reflex cab using the WINSD program, cut off frequency is 40 hz but still sounds hard hitting bass. more emphasis on punch with enough deep bass. the crossover freq is at 120 hz. I plan to build an ES18BPH cab, maybe your familiar with these cabs, designed for techno music. I alter some measurements and appearance in order to have a good response using the T&T drivers. the pics below mate.

MIXMIESTER FUSION with Video mate is a very intelligent program ,u can mix like a professional dj with effects and video, u can also mix live performance. hEre's thier site mate.

http://www.mixmeister.com/products_mmfusion.html

http://www.mixmeister.com/products_mmfusionplusvideo.html

Attachments

• 18bphanglesrevised.jpg
    18bphanglesrevised.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 932
also the T&T drivers has a BL of 29 which pretty high, good for medium to long throw horn subs. T&T has almost the same BL with the speaker below.

the 18 inch PD 1850 (precision devices speaker) is very expensive, 2 years back, I ask one dealer there in manila, it costs 40 thousand pesos per one speaker i forgot the name of the dealer. I was shock with the price, anyway its made in england and believe to be one of the strongest and the finest speaker in the world. i dont know for now if they are still the best.

pls visit the link below for more info and a lot of thier products.

http://www.precision-devices.com/ShowDetails.asp?id=15

Attachments

• pd 1850.jpg
    pd 1850.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 861
really mate, so they upgraded the Dual magnets and bolted, wow cool stuffs just like the P Audio drivers also. ive never seen those new T&T drivers yet, excited to see it in action soon.

its is actually half of the USB mate, but put some angles on it and increase the volume of the sealed chamber a little. if using the original plan of USB, the T&T wud sound very hard and very tight bass. where did u buy your soundstandard CA20 mate? at forerunner? maybe by 3rd week of december i will be thre in manila to buy new pro amp. I miss the crowd there, before when I was assigned in makati, i used to window shop in RAON. they have a lot of amplifiers there before, uso pa noun ang sakura karaoke amplifiers and also konzert karaoke. maybe they have a lot of pro amps there now. it was in 2001 to 2002 that i was thre.

@rohms

yes mate I agree with you, paudio driver has a good response on a WBIN box, I use the Paudio C18-650 EL (challenger series.) i have 4 of them before using that driver but I sold it to a friend of mine( including the driver with a very good price) cause he was amazed with the output of it. till now it is still alive with no problems. What I like about that driver, has a reasonable price and it uses a glass fiber voice coil former aluminum rectangular wire.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.