Konzert Amp & Speakers Website

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi. my amp. trip. when run in 2ohms unclip. i can music audio m650. same circuit with konzert k6. but in the manual can run in 2ohms? and overheat. even fan at hi speed mode...

Attachments

• untitled2.jpg
    untitled2.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 920
please don't believe those manuals, and i certainly would not push these amp on a 2 ohm load especially on a live sound situation, conservatism is the key to a trouble free operation, whenever i purchase a china amp i will open the lid, disassemble the output module, check the heat sink for flatness, polish it to a mirror like finish,
the holes of the mounting screws of the output transistor were check for burrs, then replace all the mica insulator with a thinner one ( they are to thick for me) then put thermal compound lavishly on every output tranies then mount & tighten everything to spec ( the output tranies) and whenever possible i would move the thermal switch to the far end of the heat sink (not near the fan) these amp got only a dc detect, VI limiter and a thermal switch for protection, unlike hi end professional amplifiers they got elaborate protection ckt base on the SOA of the output tranies. (odep, output averaging, igm, powerlock, ddt etc.) and sometimes they fail also to protect the amp

PHONIC PCL 3200

@ audiomachine

hi audiomachine, how you doin? still in audio biz? I badly need your expertise , hope u could spare me those.... I mean i have a problem with my phonic PCL 3200. I have noticed that the output signal is not balance.( comparing left & right) The left channel is much louder compare to the right channel, basing on the blinking of the led indicator. the gain of the right and left is set to zero as well as the attack, the release etc are the same settings.

Is there any way for me to make it balance? I opened it already, i have noticed that it has a total of 4 on board trimmers.( three legs) I have no idea on the adjustments of each trimmers, maybe i could adjust some of those to make the output balance.

I went back to ur previous post and you own this compressor also, hope you could help please.

thank you in advance

kind regards

jay-r

@rohms

hi mate, im sorry i have no schematics of my amp, i am just curious if i could add transistors and capacitors, maybe some experts here could share some of thier knowledge. I noticed that there are some vacant slots for the tranies and capacitors. I visited the kolin website, the specs of my CRELL ALPHA 2000 is exactly the same with SVENTA MA10. maybe the vacant slots is for the high power which is SVENTA MA14.

I really want to upgrade the amp to high power without buying new One.

did you have the stereo link engage? try feeding the comp with a mono signal (with a y-cord) and set "ALL" the controls of both channels in identical position and observe the level meter (the meter can be switch to measure rms or peak reading, it can be also assigned to monitor the input or output) please don't touch the trimmers yet.

audiomachines

rechecking

ive tried it before mate, when I switch ON the the strereo link the output is balance. let say left channel blinking at + 2db and right channel also at +2db.

Now I rechecked the settings of threshold, gain, peak / rms of the left and right channel, they are exacly identical, run both channels but still the same. Looking on the output dispaly led, let say left channel blinking at +3db already but right channel is only at 0 db, based on that, the left channel is +3db louder than right channel.

what i did to make it balance, I increase the output gain of the right channel but seems its not the normal way.

check also the sensitivity switch at the back if they are in the same position, if you want to adjust the trimmer please mark the position with a marker pen so that you can go back at the original setting. mine has all the trimmer set at their mid point (mark 503 = 50K) SVR2, SVR1 left ch, SVR4,SV3 right ch, the trimmers are for matching the gain of the op amp. hope this helps

hello audiomachine,

it was found out that the trimpot settings of the right channel was set incorrectly based on the readings that u've sent to me. left channel value readings oK. ive tried it a while ago and YES the output is now balance on both channels. Now i change my mind, i'll keep it instead of selling it.

thank you so much mate for the effort and time, it is greatly appreciated.

best regards

jayr

Hello to all,

I’m a newbie, just found this site and captured my interest in reading about this topic regarding on konzert amps.. I have a repair shop and engage also in mobile sound system servicing... the amps that I used in my mobile sound is all assembled using 10 pairs of 2SC2922 / 2SA1216 power transistor per channel, the power supply is 35 amp 65-0-65 v ac secondary output

I am also interested to see the schematic of those konzert amps and decided to build one if I have a diagram, anyone can shared? or pm me.
please send to my email add:mlvnzs@yahoo.com thanks.

Regards.

i have not serviced one yet, but i believe its the same with the konzert K10 but with a much bigger toroidal. Planning to purchase another power amp mate? I would recommend the sound standard CA20. I have used several and it sound much tighter, big toroid and your aching back :D still into rave/techno stuff?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.