Konzert Amp & Speakers Website - Page 103 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Live Sound > PA Systems

PA Systems A forum for discussion of all parts of a sound reinforcement or DJ system: loudspeakers, mixers (desks) etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th July 2010, 03:07 PM   #1021
diyAudio Member

[QUOTE=smblite;2238012]HI all,

I am newbie here I just wanna ask which is better to use in subwoofer mt2 or wsx, If I used 1850 speaker driver will work in mt2 box? and anybody used the mt2 box? I`ve seen this set-up in manila med. concert bass, is good But I dont know which driver they used.

regards,
smblite[/QUO

Folded horn design is far more better than those manifold technologies if you are doing outdoor sound, if you want to build the wsx you have to build at least minimum of four per side mirror setup to achieve coupling effect becoz it was design to stack into array. Crown 1850 don't have t/s parameter I don't know f 1850 works well in wsx. A speaker with low qts and fs, hi BL and high xmax work well in horn design. Original wsx was fiitted with RCF driver but builders from UK are fitting void18-1000 speaker and they says it plays louder than the original wsx from martin.
Old 11th July 2010, 07:44 AM   #1022
smblite is offline smblite  United Arab Emirates
diyAudio Member

[QUOTE=arnold manuel;

Folded horn design is far more better than those manifold technologies if you are doing outdoor sound, if you want to build the wsx you have to build at least minimum of four per side mirror setup to achieve coupling effect becoz it was design to stack into array. Crown 1850 don't have t/s parameter I don't know f 1850 works well in wsx. A speaker with low qts and fs, hi BL and high xmax work well in horn design. Original wsx was fiitted with RCF driver but builders from UK are fitting void18-1000 speaker and they says it plays louder than the original wsx from martin.[/QUOTE]

Hi Arnold,

Yes I`m planning to build sound system and looking for compactness subwoofer and I`ve seen this MTL2 posted by jojo and I`m thinking that this MTL2 is suitable in PA touring, But like said I dont knw what driver to use and also measurment of this box.

Maybe I try first the wsx subwoofer becoz I`ve noticed that this subwoofer will work in 1850 driver which is available in our local store, and like you said 4pairs wsx per side is enough for starting.

Best regards,
smblite
Old 11th July 2010, 09:20 PM   #1023
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to dj_jojo_md Send a message via Yahoo to dj_jojo_md
samples of wsx stacking configuration...

have a nice day
jojo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wsx01.jpg (29.5 KB, 941 views)
File Type: jpg wsx02.jpg (116.2 KB, 906 views)
File Type: jpg wsx03.jpg (57.8 KB, 834 views)
File Type: jpg wsx04.jpg (574.5 KB, 822 views)
File Type: jpg wsx05.jpg (311.1 KB, 689 views)
File Type: jpg wsx06.jpg (105.9 KB, 281 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0005.JPG (482.4 KB, 275 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2466.JPG (114.9 KB, 275 views)
File Type: jpg Image050.jpg (122.3 KB, 273 views)

Last edited by dj_jojo_md; 11th July 2010 at 09:30 PM.
Old 12th July 2010, 09:17 AM   #1024
diyAudio Member

sir jojo,

what a very nice set-up. what kind of speaker box u used on mid high sir. on the top of wsxspeaker
Old 12th July 2010, 11:36 AM   #1025
smblite is offline smblite  United Arab Emirates
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_jojo_md View Post
samples of wsx stacking configuration...

have a nice day
jojo
Nice set up sir Jojo, I really excited having a sound system like that set up.

smblite
Old 13th July 2010, 07:29 AM   #1026
Junm is offline Junm  Philippines
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Junm
hi jojo

Do u have a design for 12 inches woofer for hifi home use. I have 2 pioneer speakers waiting for enclosure design. I prefer minimized size so as not to occupy a large area. Do you have sir?

thanx....
Old 15th July 2010, 12:20 AM   #1027
diyAudio Member

@Junm

this is a bandpass for a 12" P-Audio...if you like to take the risk to build and try your own driver, it's up to you...i always build this for people who own a home theater with a limited space using a Targa 120xi driver...its amazing!.

But, you have to have a 100hz low pass crossover and a dedicated power amp for this...or you can build this P48 Sub-Woofer Controller (Rev-A) and this 300/500W Subwoofer Power Amplifier

have fun
jojo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BP12.jpg (237.8 KB, 449 views)
Old 15th July 2010, 04:51 AM   #1028
Junm is offline Junm  Philippines
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Junm
Hi jo, thank you for the design. I will use my 300w power amp with a subdriver for this but my driver is pioneer 30-720f 80w woofer and not a subwoofer. will it be capable of delivering sub frequencies? the specs of the woofer is unknown and i cant find it anywhere since it was on original CS801 speaker system. I just had it repaired but the original coil is retained.

I have 12" Konzert subwoofer rated 300W but already in a box and currently used for 2 way system. Do i need to swap it?

If you have a design for a 2 way system with a deep bass I might as well give it a try.

more power.....
Old 16th July 2010, 09:14 AM   #1029
diyAudio Member

sir jojo

have you try buiding wlx speaker box by martin.? how it sound?
Old 16th July 2010, 09:33 AM   #1030
diyAudio Member

@rhodrich

just tested 1 pair...sound decent and track packing friendly because of the smaller footprint...

after testing i knocked it down again... i am planing to use this wlx for indoor installations i just want to heAR the response using locally available driver.

jojo

Hide this!Advertise here!