Behringer MX8000 schematic or service manual

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
MX8000

Hi,

I was wondering if you guys could help, although i see this thread started 3 years ago! Someone's asked me to fix a Berhinger MX8000, if a schematic ever surfaced, I'd love to hear about it! That Behringer MX 802 schematic would be useful, if any of you have still got it I'd be really grateful if you could send me it.

Thanks

Niall

Thanks.
I still can't find it. I've found the mx9000, and I've seen the mackie 24-8, that seems to be the same (there was a lawsuit or something about this from mackie).
I've been given this mixer, besides the cap job, I want to remove all the 4580L at least in the preamps and If I have the patience install phantom power individually and phase reversal.
Call me crazy, I have time to put this board as a custom one and I can check the improvements on op-amps, etc channel by channel listening A/B, etc. I should open a thread...

Hello, Files are big. PM me and I send them.

But to "restoring all caps, faders even substitute some os the opamps" you do not need the schematic. You allready have the part numbers...

Cheers

Sent.
I know that visual inspection will make that useful, since the mackie 24/8 has some mistakes and there are subtle differences in the design.

However the main issue is that the op-amps (all of them are 4580 as far as I can tell) are in "comb" format; sil-8, so some kind of adapter will be necesary. I'm planning on substituting the opamps in the preamp at first.
Candidates are bipolar 5532, that I've seen allen and heath uses on some preamps. Each channel uses 1/2 of the dual opamp, so maybe a single opamp in a small pcb adapter will do the job.
Yes, I'm a bit crazy, but all these years I've been hesitant in op-amp changes and now I have the chance to test A/B on several channels.
Which amp will you use? Any recommendations? The 4580 I think any opamp with more slew-rate will be better, I'm thinking on OPA2134 only for the preamps, and maybe 5532 for the rest of the channel strip.
There are 0,22uF electrolytics that could be swapped by mkt easily.
Anyway the PSU is... crazy, 15000uF.
The only thing that seems to fail are the switches, the faders were made by panasonic and seems to work ok. Besides the sound.
I know, too many questions and why not buy a better mixer? I want to experiment on only 3-4 channels besides the cap job, so nothing crazy (maybe a little bit)
Any feedback, recommendations (don't tell me to throw it away..) are welcome, I will open a thread.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.