Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PA Systems A forum for discussion of all parts of a sound reinforcement or DJ system: loudspeakers, mixers (desks) etc.

Behringer inuke NU4-6000 doesnt power on
Behringer inuke NU4-6000 doesnt power on
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th July 2018, 02:46 PM   #1
sazistas is offline sazistas
diyAudio Member

Default Behringer inuke NU4-6000 doesnt power on

Hi guys, my amp suddenly stopped working while I had a rehearsal with my band. I heard a pop noise and it turned off. I opened the case and nothing seems fried. Is there any fuse on this amp? I cant find any. The amp doesn't have any warranty left also.
Old 8th July 2018, 10:23 AM   #2
chris661 is offline chris661  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

There's a breaker on the back. Does the mains cable check okay? Tried it with something else? You might have blown a fuse or something further up the line.

Chris
Old 8th July 2018, 08:28 PM   #3
conanski is offline conanski  Canada
diyAudio Member

There was a batch of bad diodes that found their way into the power supplies of early versions,and the failure modes sound much like what you experienced. Have a tech check it out, from what I gather it's not a hard fix but it's not an end user fix either.
Old 9th July 2018, 07:14 AM   #4
chris661 is offline chris661  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by conanski View Post
There was a batch of bad diodes that found their way into the power supplies of early versions,and the failure modes sound much like what you experienced. Have a tech check it out, from what I gather it's not a hard fix but it's not an end user fix either.
IIRC it was the NU6000s (not the 4-channel versions) that got those. Symptoms were that it'd boot as far as the red lights, but wouldn't switch to orange.

Chris
Old 9th July 2018, 09:49 PM   #5
conanski is offline conanski  Canada
diyAudio Member

Those same diodes also found their way into some Crown amp around the same time so I'm not sure they can be nailed down to 1 specific model from any manufacturer.

Behringer inuke NU4-6000 doesnt power onHide this!Advertise here!