Peavey KB-100 Keyboard Amp Tweeter Cap?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a KB-100 Keyboard amp. When I got it the tweeter and woofer were both toast. I put a JBL 2225H driver in and scrapped the tweeter. I used it as a bass amp for a while. I've got another tweeter to put in it now so I can sell it, but I don't know what crossover cap it used. I'm pretty sure it only used one cap in series with the driver. It is a piezo tweeter, like the one below. Looks like it's lower frequency spec is 3.5kHz. Does anyone know what cap would be best? Or what it used originally? The schematic doesn't show that part of the amp.

Goldwood GT-1005 Wide Dispersion Piezo Tweeter

New things can be defective, never assume.

Motorola made them for years, then CTS bought the line from them, and I forget where it went after that. But there are other people making clones of them.

If you suspect the crossover, just bypass that and use a resistor like stock. Any difference? I suggested subbing it into a different speaker system just to check the part itself.

I lifted the bend part back into place and tried it again. I think it is better but I'm still having the issue a bit. I'll get a better idea tomorrow when I can turn it up more. I've emailed the ebay seller.

It crackled a bit after I fixed the diaphragm but it isn't doing it now. And I put my musicians earplugs in and turned it up enough that the comp light came on.

I send the seller the picture and he gave me a refund. So if it continues to work I have free piezo tweeter.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.