Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PA Systems A forum for discussion of all parts of a sound reinforcement or DJ system: loudspeakers, mixers (desks) etc.

Behringer 802 Hacking Aux Sends
Behringer 802 Hacking Aux Sends
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd May 2018, 03:43 PM   #1
jiize is offline jiize  Germany
diyAudio Member

Default Behringer 802 Hacking Aux Sends

hi,

I just got the Behringer Xenyx 802 mixer and test it with my setup and it works wonderfully together. One thing I fail to notice is that the Aux send is post fader. Does anyone know of any hack to change the aux send from post fader to pre fader? I was looking for schematics on the mixer, but found none.

Any ideas?
Old 22nd May 2018, 04:16 PM   #2
JonSnell Electronic is offline JonSnell Electronic  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Here is a schematic; BEHRINGER MX-802 RevC, Service Manual, Repair Schematics

Last edited by JonSnell Electronic; 22nd May 2018 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Can't paste pdf so added link instead.
Old 22nd May 2018, 04:29 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

ok I've found a schematic for the mixer. It's not exactly the Xenyx 802 but it's an older version, the UB 802. It seems that the Aux Send is after the EQs and jsut before the pan. I've circled that in red. And I 'think' that to make it pre-fader, I should cut the link before Resistor R127A and connect a cable after the broken link and before the 5k1 resistor to after C19. The links are marked in blue circles. Is this the place I could connect them? But there's a resistor R52 going to GND. Is that a pull down resistor?

I'm just figuring this out along with the schematics and tracing the connections and to the best of my knowledge. I won't want to blow this mixer up, so any professional advice is greatly appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BEHRINGER+UB802 excerpt.pdf (92.0 KB, 15 views)
Old 22nd May 2018, 04:31 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Ah. Cool. Thanks!

What do you think? Is the connections right?
Old 22nd May 2018, 04:35 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Oh the MX802 has 2 auxes and there's even a jumper to connect to either pre or post. On the Xenyx there's only 1 aux send. I haven't open up the mixer yet, will give it a try tomorrow. If there's a jumper on this, that would be extra extra sweet!!! Save so much trouble...

Behringer 802 Hacking Aux SendsHide this!Advertise here!