Cheap Wireless mic and speakers solution ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all, hope you can help me. I wife runs a older women group in a large church hall with appalling acoustics. It is incredibly echoey. Sometime you cannot hear what someone is saying next to you. There are 80-100 women , some a bit deaf. They always have trouble hearing guest speakers.

I wanted to point them in the direction of a light weight multi wireless speaker and wireless mic system. Ideally under £1000. Speakers to be ideally battery operated and relatively small in size.

I thought the qtx 8pal might work with a vhf mic but it appears you can only have a single speaker due to interference from others.

I do not want a cable between speakers. Surely there must be an easy solution out there ?

Don't think a digital solution from sonas or UE will work with delay. There might be a local WiFi in the church but I'm not sure.

Is there an FM mic that I could then have several FM radios with ?

Does anyone have any ideas ?
Thanks in advance. K

Almost any speaker will sound bad, if the acoustics are bad. Possible exceptions are things like the really big Danley horns which control the directivity over a wide enough range to keep the energy off the walls. Those will be over budget by an order of magnitude.

If it was mine, I'd look at small distributed setups. Something like 50+ cheap bluetooth speakers, but bypass the internals and drive from a PA amplifier. They get reasonably loud if you're sat next to them, and would be fine for vocal reinforcement.

Chris

Kezzy

Shure, Sennheiser, AKG have all what You need. Just Borrow from a dealer and try.
You must buy them with different frequencies for each mic. Some have adjustable channels. I've seen some cheap 4 pack in a suitcase also ...
Dual mike receivers are commonly available. I Use several AKG and Sennheiser in the UHF band and they work fine. You will need at least a cheap mixing desk to connect the mikes, from there you can use an in-ear-monitor or an Alto stealth wireless system to transmit to the speakers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.