Midas 3000 legend

that info is going to be hard to come by without the right connections.
what sort of a problem are you having that you need service info for?
if you don't get any help here i'd consider posting on a Pro Sound forum.

Its been hard to find, I contact MusicGroup but I think there are only robots in that firm.
Im refurbishing the console, she's in great shape now we cleaned everything, I got rid of most of the issues by just taking apart the entire console and put it back together cleaning all ribbon conectors.
Now I have like five of the 48 preamps with almost same problems, ones are hiss crackling noises and no hearoom, and others are totaly dead. the last issue is the left master output . I could trace the problem to the post fader master output opamp stages but is like a complex SMD PCB and the service info could save me a lo of time... any ideas??

other than confirming supply line voltages to op amps are correct and verifying that interstage coupling caps are not leaky, no nothing specific.
if the right master out is working it could be used to make comparison readings to aid in troubleshooting.
don't neglect inspecting things with a magnifying glass it may reveal cracked/ faulty solder joints.
i have made a few inquiries with other techs to see if i can help find the info your looking for. if anything comes of it i'll certainly let you know.

Last edited:
other than confirming supply line voltages to op amps are correct and verifying that interstage coupling caps are not leaky, no nothing specific.
if the right master out is working it could be used to make comparison readings to aid in troubleshooting.
don't neglect inspecting things with a magnifying glass it may reveal cracked/ faulty solder joints.
i have made a few inquiries with other techs to see if i can help find the info your looking for. if anything comes of it i'll certainly let you know.

I really appreciate that! Thank you!
Sure I can trace the problems without schems but it’s really time consuming in this particular console. I’ll be waiting for news thank you!

well getting the schematics/service info on this is going to be a "tour de force" it almost seems like there is an active campaign to let the Legend console "embarrassment" die.

everyone i've spoken to seem to have had bad experiences with the Legend series and are quick to recommend replacing it.

well getting the schematics/service info on this is going to be a "tour de force" it almost seems like there is an active campaign to let the Legend console "embarrassment" die.

everyone i've spoken to seem to have had bad experiences with the Legend series and are quick to recommend replacing it.

Well thats bad news. despite the common problems I´ve found on this board I didn't find nothing "embarrassing" about it at all. Thanks for the help anyway!

Hi,
I have same desk and I've rebuilt mine few years ago. Probably you will find many bad electrolytic caps. Most are 100uF/25V. If you have completely dead preamps there are 2 10E smd resistors in power supply lines for each preamp. Those fail quite often.
Most problems with Legend are caused by bad ribbon cables. Actually connectors are crimped to cabled and those joints are prone to fail. It's causing things like dead channels, losing aux sends, even losing master outputs. If you like the desk I suggest you replacing those with something soldered together. I'm actually in the process right now.
Also I have complete schematics. It's too big to upload it here and it might be forbidden to make it public by forum rules, I'm not sure. P.M me and it's yours.
I've solved quite some problems with my desk and if you have any additional questions I might be able to help.

Cheers, Taj

Hi,
I have same desk and I've rebuilt mine few years ago. Probably you will find many bad electrolytic caps. Most are 100uF/25V. If you have completely dead preamps there are 2 10E smd resistors in power supply lines for each preamp. Those fail quite often.
Most problems with Legend are caused by bad ribbon cables. Actually connectors are crimped to cabled and those joints are prone to fail. It's causing things like dead channels, losing aux sends, even losing master outputs. If you like the desk I suggest you replacing those with something soldered together. I'm actually in the process right now.
Also I have complete schematics. It's too big to upload it here and it might be forbidden to make it public by forum rules, I'm not sure. P.M me and it's yours.
I've solved quite some problems with my desk and if you have any additional questions I might be able to help.

Cheers, Taj

Thank you! Im finding all that kind of problems that you mentioned. I could get rid of most of them. Now I have two channels in the same module with low and distorted output, another preamp making crackling noises and one completely dead.
other issue is the automation System is not working properly, the channel assignment leds are not changing when I press the SET button. all aux sends status leds are off (except for one channel that all the aux leds are working).

I replace the batteries of the Automation PCBs and now is like that, before it was working, Its like the firmware its gone. Actually when power up it shows the version on the display I think its 1.71, but after boot it gets stuck
I could get the service manual but it has no firmware software, I think will be good idea to reinstall it but I dont know where I can get the code. Do you have it?
I think could be interesting to share each other the service info to see if we have the same information.
thank you for your time, if you have some indication about the problems above let me know!

I was afraid you are going to say that you have problems with computer. I don't have any experiences with such problems. One thing which crosses my mind is have you stack modules back to same slots. I mean like first module is still first etc ? Each module has it's address and it might behave strange if you mix it up.
I've replaced batteries also and my desk behave normally.

Preamps and dead or distorted channels are either bad capacitors or bad connections at crimped connectors. I actually bought weller de-soldering rig to replace all capacitors in that desk. It's few 1000 inside which means it's almost impossible to do it without. It took me some 10 days to re-cap whole desk. But believe me, it's worth every second and every penny. Luckily elcos are really cheap.

Check 10E smd resistors on each preamp in case of problems with preamps. Those really fail often.

Ah..have you reset computer after you replaced batteries? There is reset knob on master module. Have you tried to switch system a system b ?

cool

Hi,

Cheers, Taj
Hello Taj it's Hennie Ellis Audio Quest South Africa here. Is it possible to please send me the schematics of Legend 3000 i just bought 1 and would like to strip and service it completely
My email is. hennie.audioquest@gmail.com

Hi,

Cheers, Taj
Good day, I'm also restoring a legend 3000, any chance you could share those schematics and service manual? Thx, Braden