Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PA Systems A forum for discussion of all parts of a sound reinforcement or DJ system: loudspeakers, mixers (desks) etc.

Crown xti 2 noise?
Crown xti 2 noise?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th December 2017, 06:27 PM   #11
GeorgK is offline GeorgK  Austria
diyAudio Member

Where should noise come from with just one meter of cable lenght? This is a line-level signal with low output impedance.
Interference will not occur. And I would not expect a ground loop when wiring is done correctly.
Old 26th December 2017, 07:35 PM   #12
conanski is offline conanski  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgK View Post
Where should noise come from with just one meter of cable lenght? This is a line-level signal with low output impedance.
Interference will not occur. And I would not expect a ground loop when wiring is done correctly.
Induced noise from an external source is not the problem here, it is the noise floor of all the equipment in the signal chain that gets amplified along the way and becomes a very obvious "hiss" when the tweeter in use has something like 110db sensitivity. A balanced interconnect system(cable and preamp) by function of it's design cancels any signal(like noise floor hiss) common on both + and - signal lines.
Old 26th December 2017, 08:26 PM   #13
GeorgK is offline GeorgK  Austria
diyAudio Member

Of course, if you have a balanced source, keep it balanced.
But a noise signal that is already present will not be cancelled by a balanced interconnection, that's why I said it's possibly not worth the effort to convert an unbalanced source, if not by really expensive audio transformers... And additional noise will probably not be induced.

The question was, as I understood, about the noise floor the XTi...

Well I never tried this, let alone in a home environment, but I would consider that the Crown is a quite big amplifier capable of delivering at least 500W or so (depending on the model), which really is a lot and probably far more than a 1" compression driver will ever need at home. Maybe too high for hiss-free home use. And it has a built-in DSP. Noise level and overall performance will not be better than the DSP permits. If I would have to make the decision for myself I would look for a supplier that gives me a chance to try it out before buying.

Regarding the Anaview, I would not put a Class D amp into a HF path, but maybe I'm just old-fashioned

Crown xti 2 noise?Hide this!Advertise here!