Crest Pro series issue

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am having a heck of a time trying to figure out a failure in a Crest 6001. The positive output is collapsing at about 30v :

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

If I lower the gain a bit it will clear up.

If I lower the supply voltage to 85v (120 volt model) it functions normally and actually produces more output.

It is the power trans board because if I sub the other channel board into the same position with the same preamp it works fine.

The limiting functions are all on the preamp board so that doesn't seem to be the problem

Whether the amp has a load on it or not doesn't make a difference. The 4 power supply rails are solid and don't move. The hi rail positive transistors are conducting and if they weren't I think I would see a flattened wave and not have half a positive wave.

I have measured voltage drop across most diodes and capacitors under normal and failure conditions and haven't found anything yet that is opening or shorting.

I am running out of ideas

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.