Mystery horns

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greetings to all. You ever been driving along and see something that makes you jam on the brakes and back up? I did yesterday! Sitting on the curb covered in dust were these monster horns. I figured even if they were junk I would still have something to play with for an afternoon and I couldn’t beat the price.

The “small” ones on top I have identified as JBL drivers attached to a generic horn. The ones in the middle are Renkus Heinz as they are clearly marked on the back of the driver.

The ones on the bottom however are a mystery. The only thing I can make out on the driver is “75” stamped in blue. The cabinet only has “Bohemia, New York” that I can make out on a very worn data plate.

Anyone know of live sound stuff made there? Google has nothing.

BTW the mystery horns work beautifully. The RH have diaphragms melted to the magnet! The small ones show open windings on ohm meter.

Attachments

• 4C4FD538-AF4A-42B0-A08F-E1EEDCA3F40A.jpg
    4C4FD538-AF4A-42B0-A08F-E1EEDCA3F40A.jpg
    851 KB · Views: 366
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.