Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PA Systems A forum for discussion of all parts of a sound reinforcement or DJ system: loudspeakers, mixers (desks) etc.

Behringer inuke amp problem solved.
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd November 2017, 05:47 PM   #1
Koifarm is offline Koifarm  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Default Behringer inuke amp problem solved.

Last week my sons behringer inuke 1000 dsp started to shutoff random, mostly within minutes after powering on. Researching the web i found that there where a lot of simelar problems. Mostly solved by sending the amp back for service within the warranty period. My sons amp has expired the warranty so i took a look at the problem.

When shutoff the smps is shutoff and you need to power off and on the amp.
There is a IC KA3525A smps controller on board witch get a shutoff signal on pin 10 from a NE555. What i did is cut pin 10 from the KA3525A loose from the PCB. Now is the smps always on. After this the amp played the whole evening without shutoff.

I know that other failsafe optoins probaly now also not working but otherwise the amp was useless.
Attached Images
File Type: png IMG_1539.PNG (212.9 KB, 94 views)
File Type: png IMG_1538.PNG (214.5 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1541.jpg (341.8 KB, 91 views)

Last edited by Koifarm; 2nd November 2017 at 06:09 PM.
Old 2nd November 2017, 05:53 PM   #2
CharlieLaub is offline CharlieLaub  United States
diyAudio Member

Removing the safety system is not a great way to "fix" it! There could be an underlying problem in the amp that you don't know about, and this could lead to some kind of more serious failure with the safety system disabled.

Why don't you replace the parts in question and re-connect everything to see if it was a failing controller IC (for example)?
Old 2nd November 2017, 06:15 PM   #3
Koifarm is offline Koifarm  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

I know this is not the best solution. But behringer does not supply schematics for service and they already stated that the shutoff detection circuit has problems caused by bad diodes. I did this mod just between soundcheck and show. After the show i dumped the amp in the garbage.
Old 2nd November 2017, 06:45 PM   #4
CharlieLaub is offline CharlieLaub  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koifarm View Post
I know this is not the best solution. But behringer does not supply schematics for service and they already stated that the shutoff detection circuit has problems caused by bad diodes. I did this mod just between soundcheck and show. After the show i dumped the amp in the garbage.
No problem, but by posting something like this you create info that others might try to use, but instead of doing the modification temporarily it is a "permanent" change and that reduces safety. Those kind of posts without any kind of warning about the risks involved, are discouraged by forum rules I think.

In the end the iNuke amp ended up right where it belongs.

Behringer inuke amp problem solved.Hide this!Advertise here!