Pyle Portable PA System Rebuild

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I purchased a Pyle PWMA1090UI Portable PA System a few months back. It quickly developed a problem where it would stop working if the volume was turned up above a certain level. To remedy this, I would have to turn it off for a few seconds and turn it back on at a lower volume. This kept happening, but at lower and lower levels until one day it no longer produced sound. I took it apart hoping to find something obvious that I could fix, but found nothing. It is still under warranty, but I would have to pay shipping in both directions which would come to ~$100. That seems a bit excessive for fixing a poorly made $180 PA system which will likely just break again.

I would like to replace everything with some better quality parts but I could use some help since this is a bit beyond me.

What I've got:
Speakers configured as shown. Pyle says they are 800 Watt MAX - 400 Watt RMS with frequency response of 35Hz-20kHz.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Whatever parts that can be salvaged from here.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

What I'm trying to get:
  • Inputs for 3 x XLR, 1 set RCA, 1 AUX
  • AM/FM Radio
  • Wireless mic

I am envisioning that each of these would have a volume control and maybe an on/off switch. And then there would be a master volume knob to control everything.

So, basically what I need is a 7 channel mixer and an amp that would power the speakers (I think). But I can't seem to find anything that fits what I am looking for. Any suggestions? I am fine with making my own, but I would need a complete list of parts and schematic to go by because sadly I only have a very basic understanding of this stuff. So any help and suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.