100v line extender amps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
HI Guys,

We have a 100v speaker system around our rugby club. The current amps are inside the clubhouse and are running flat out. We want to add six new speakers around the ground with the amps in secure (outdoor) boxes. Is there a way to intercept the 100v line running around and boost/extender the signal.

I have been told that we can use line extenders but I can't seem to find what they are online (I have been looking for about three hours today). Any help is very gratefully received.
Cheers
Ian.

Yes, attenuating the signal to the level needed for a common amplifier, say, 1V, then you can use a single amplifier for the 6 added, or one for each one of lower power.

But in any case, I suggest to try to give the new amplifiers, the signal from the INPUT of the existent amp, so you don't add distortion in the chain. It may be, for example, a line level (1V, 47K) or low impedance (500/600 ohms). Also, this way you can control this new system independently from the existent.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.