Two-way line source for church sound

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Seems I do something wrong.

Attachments

• AW2000.JPG
    AW2000.JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 88
@fluid:

Meanwhile, thinking about your first reply, I came up with something that might resemble a pressure chamber for the Mivocs: (see attachment)
The drawing is 1:1, based on 12,5l per Mivoc and 1,5l per TC9.

Vtc would be roughly 1,92 liters.

If the Mivoc is mounted face down to the baffle with holes cut through then yes that is a normal band pass, if it is mounted through the baffle then there would still be a bandpass effect but the output would be harder to predict. Also with straight sides there would be no horn loading even though that might be minimal anyway depending on the dimensions.

Where is the 1.92L?

If the Mivoc is mounted face down to the baffle with holes cut through then yes that is a normal band pass, if it is mounted through the baffle then there would still be a bandpass effect but the output would be harder to predict. Also with straight sides there would be no horn loading even though that might be minimal anyway depending on the dimensions.

Where is the 1.92L?

Horn loading wasn't intended in the first place, this came as a side effect from the trapezoidal footprint (which I chose to avoid standing waves between the sides).
Will do a quick sketch to see if I got you right regarding Mivoc mounting.

The 1,92l is the combined volume of the two slots between side walls and TC9 housing (per speaker).

Last edited:
Wow, thanks! The FR is nearly what I want. :)

You need to check the practicality of bandpass sims, a front chamber of 6 to 7 litres is quite large and tuned to 80 the vent will be quite long if the diameter of the port is large enough to cope with the xmax of the driver, so it is a compromise.

Here are a few sims of the driver in different boxes in Bassboxx

Screen Shot 2017-04-26 at 2.06.37 pm.png

The purple is a sealed box, pink is vented with active EQ, the others are bandpass, the small the front chamber the wider the bandwidth but it starts to peak at either end. That is easy to EQ, the issue is the smaller the front chamber the longer the vent needed to maintain the same tuning.

A 2L front chamber might look great but can you put a 350mm port inside it?

What I was thinking was if you mount the driver to a baffle face down and cut two holes in it a little like a synergy woofer mount you get this sort of response.

Screen Shot 2017-04-26 at 2.19.58 pm.png

That is assuming trapped air under the cone of 0.2L and 2x 60mm ports cut in 19mm baffle. You would need to verify the air under the cone and see what size ports would fit.

The bandpass peak is easy to EQ, it reduces output above 2K a lot from the acoustic filter and the roll off from the box starts at 100Hz instead of 200Hz for a normal sealed. It can still be eq'd with a linkwitz transform as the rear is a sealed box.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.