WinISD midbass graphs - building a soundsystem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sarre Soundsystem is operational! Subs were wired yesterday and everything works now. Panels are still not screwed and I have a bunch of small things to do, but everything is set.

I thought I would upload guts from every cabinet. The wires are obviously not going to be fixed with duct tape like some of them are now

Top;

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Mid;

Sub;

Last edited:
grats to build the project. it looks great

Thanks!

My subwoofers along with my amp & crossover were used at our festival on the smallest stage with zero problems. They ran from friday ~20 to sunday around 13 on a outside stage 24/7. We used other pa equipment for mids & highs, and the subs were tuned from 32 to 109hz. Sounded very good, cant wait to hear them somewhere inside.
We had a small ski resort pretty much all to ourselves for 10 days, the festival was from friday to sunday. Salamari Soundsystem & Routa Soundsystem were used for the mainstages.

I didnt have grilles fixed yet which was scary, I tried to be careful. I ordered the clamp parts to fix them in place but they will arrive maybe at the end of this week

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
Haven´t been on finnish psy scene lately, such cool spot those two last pictures!
Is it calpis or tahko?
Your system aint most loudest but i´ll bet it can sound good to 4-8meters!

square off sound system could be loudest finnish diy system

Calpis indeed, it wasnt a "psytrance"-party exactly, we had one stage that was managed by another group that had psy/hardstyle/whatever they were playing, the outside stage had a variety of different music and our inside stage was mostly techno. Im not a fan of psytrance myself, but hippies are okay!

Ive never seen square off soundsystem, but it doesnt look like it would be the loudest unless the pictures are outdated. How about Ivah sound or something? Salamari soundsystem is also quite nice with 4 x PD1850 in scoops, 4 x Fane colossus 18XB as kicks, cant remember the mids/highs but they were PD something

I am building 4 more subwoofers, two are pretty ready and the other two should be in the same state in about a week or so.

My double 18" EV subs were not that good of a deal, oh well. One of them is busted.

Will be using 4 subs for bass, two for kicks. At some point I plan to build a few 15" kickbins, and after that all 6 fanes will be subs.

Really dig these boxes, fane colossus 18xb drivers are cheap and efficient with a high peak, and the boxes are light enough for comfortable transportation & stacking.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.