folio spirit notepad schematic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, turk 182. First of all, thanks for the interest.

Well, I was cleaning it with compressed air and isopropy alcohol, and power wires are released from board and connector (my mixer is 20 years old, I think). I solved them, but incorrectly:

Green (0v) -> P0 (in 17v)
Black (17v) -> P1(in 0v)
Red (17v) -> P2 (in 17v)

where the correct would be:

Black (17v) -> P0 (in 17v)
Green (0v) -> P1(in 0v)
Red (17v) -> P2 (in 17v)

[Obs.: P0, P1, P2 are points of connection in the board]

I turned on and it worked... for some seconds... so it burned my right earphone (it really got hot!), after a very loud noise e some smoke. Now I have:

- all mixer section is ok, balanced and unbalanced;
- everytime I increase MONITOR/HEADPHONE pot, VU leds turn on as the pot increases, even without any sound source and everything closed in mixer;
- I have lot or voltage at the master output (more than 12v, just right channel);
- I have same voltage both channels headphone output (but not monitor rca output);

I think I burned one or two ICs 5532 (maybe relative to the headphone amplifier, just right channel, I think).

As this board is doble-sides, very close components, I would like to take a good shot. I asked schematic to Soundcraft a few some days ago but they have not answered me yet.

If you can give any clue, I'm very grateful.

Regards
:)

if power supply connections where swapped then it undoubtedly has damaged components.
i see now why a schematic is needed.
looks like you will need to rebuild the power supply along with replacing components.
sorry i don't have schematics or much more to offer as troubleshooting advice.

i'm surprised you haven't heard from Soundcraft as a whole they are usually forthcoming with service info.

No. Nothing from Soundcraft. But I think I found the problem. I get Folio Lite sch, it's a bit different, but it helped.
The opamps of Notepad (headphone/monitor amp) have +Vcc and -Vcc controlled for two zener diodes, that decrease 24v to 15v. They burned when I reversed the poles. So we had 24v of there, consequently opamps are burned too.
Today I'm going to change these components and review everything, maybe I have found the problem.

Best regards

Solved!

The occurrence is above. Just two ICs burned (IC10 and IC11), responsible for headphone and monitor outputs. Caps and zeners ok.

I think the ICs would transfer the input voltage (VCC+ and/or VCC-) to the outputs (OUT 1, OUT 2), because of this I had a relatively high voltage at the headphone/master right channel output.

Well, if someone needs, schematic of Soundcraft Folio Notepad below.

Thanks to Richard"Rick" Morris, Soundcraft Customer Service Technician.
;-)

:cop: Copyright violation. Attachment removed by Moderation

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.