Did I just ruin my speaker?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all! I need some help, I know that probably this is not the right place to post this but I couldn t find a better place.

Firs of all, I want to clarify that I m a total noob about all this stuff of Passive speakers, Impedance, etc, etc.

My problem is this: Last night I noticed that I had a pair of Peavey 115H passive speakers saved in my garage, there also was a Fender 1270 Monitor that I bought some years ago so I decided to test them out (Probably a fail!). I connected one of the Peavey speakers on the Main out of my Peavey XR8300 powered Mixer, then I connected the Fender 1270 on the Main Monitor out, after that I connected the other Peavey Speaker to the the Fender 1270 but I got sound just from the Peavey Speaker connected to the Main out and from the Fender monitor so the speaker connected to the fender was not sounding, I tried to connect the speaker directly to the mixer but it didn t worked either.

Did I stupidly connect something wrong or probably the speaker was not working even before I did all these things? I didn t test individually before doing all these connections so I don t know if all the speakers were working properly before my tests.

I'd like to know if I just killed my speaker or if this should have worked fine but the speaker was propably already ruined.
Thanks in advice.

OK, then it's not likely you damaged anything.. more likely the problem pre existed. And that problem could be as simple a broken or disconnect wire inside that speaker so pop the connector dish off the rear to see if there is anything obviously broken, burnt, or disconnected, and if not put that back and take the woofer out for a closer inspection of all wiring and the crossover.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.