Opinion on the Behringer KM1700 Class-H amp

During last night’s test ...

Using continuous tone, roughly 1-minute intervals, testing at 20 / 200 / 2000 /10000 / 20000 Hz, 8ohm dummy load connected to single channel, amp in stereo mode ... We hit 0.1% THD at ~110 watts.

We got close to ~200 watts into 4 ohms, same setup. That was momentary though, followed by several seconds in protection mode. THD+N was well above 1% in that case.

Brian

Last edited:
Luke's basic amplifier tests - Bass Gear - Data-Bass Forums

The Behringer inukes do quite well actually. More power than the tested Labgruppen models here. Nothing compared to speaker power though. There are also some tests of powersoft that show surprisingly low sustained output capability.

If I compare the boat anchor amplifiers I have (Cloud VTX1200) they take up 3u, have very loud fans and manage 600Wrms per channel into 2ohm continuously. While an inuke60000 manages more power, only takes up 2u and has quieter fans.

A boat anchor that only puts out 600 watts rms into 2 ohms??, Sounds like a beginner amp. I would think 600 watts into 8 ohms stereo would be a beginner boat anchor, and about 2500 watts rms into 2 ohms as the normal for a real boat anchor. Then of course these kinds of amplifiers are not in the electronics recycle bin so soon.

I was surprised to see someone super happy with using the km 1700s on sub duty. One would have to use them bridged to one driver I would think to even consider it.

They are much like a qsc gx7, and many have not been satisfied with those either. Everyone talks, lab grup, powersoft, speaker power, but most will not give up the real bread to buy them. Chinese Clones are really the only thing being purchased, with longevity still a questionable quality.

Inukes with quieter fans?. Thats a new one.