Church stage/platform

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

We are revamping our church platform to be one 21" flat stage instead of the risers we had. Instead of having our mic jacks poking out of the floor everywhere is there some else that's more tidy? I can also see the jacks getting broke off frequently when people step on them. There must be something else out there for setting up the mics and monitors and di boxes better then this. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Troy

A snake head works, but then you have mic cords snaking all over the stage to get to it. A lot of churches use floor boxes so they can have connectors right where each mic is used. Rock bands are used to stepping over cords on stage, pastors and choirs, not so much. Churches tend to stick with a layout.

Yeah, it really depends on the style of worship. If you have stationary inputs, the floor pockets are the way to go. If it constantly changed--as the contemporary worship that I mixed did--then one, or multiple, snakes are ideal. We had a couple of fixed inputs and a few snakes that ran back to a patch panel/digital snake head feeding the digital consoles.

sent from my mobile look-at device

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.