TA4F connector to XLR

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Let me try. You seem to be assuming there is some standard connection for the one to the other. I am not aware of such a standard.

The TA4 connectors I can think of were on lapel mic belt packs for wireless. Is that what you have? The XLR wiring for phantom is standardized, but little connectors on belt packs are not. Somewhere I have a whole file of collected wireless wiring schemes.

If you have a lapel mic or a headset mic that plugs into a wireless transmitter belt pack, and expect to plug it right into a mixer, that won;t work. The mixer phantom power is +48v common to the balanced mic lines. The phantom power in a belt pack is battery voltage and is not usually fed up a balanced line.

So until we know specifically what is on each end of that "adapation" we cannot well advise as to the wiring. There is a reason the small one has four pins instead of three.

Of course my belt pack is just one possibility, there are many other applications, and each is unique.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.