Indoor event space - PA advice needed!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I'm building out an 8000 sq ft warehouse for a mixed use event space. There'll be 4 grouped areas of activities (2000 sq ft each) and I want to have a speaker and microphone at each of the 4 stations.

Basically there'll be groups of 12-20 people in each of the 4 stations, the people will get a safety briefing/set of instructions with the microphone, and then we'll switch over to music after the safety briefing.

The music will be centrally controlled and will play the same music to each space, when they have their input set to music.

I have no idea what I need to get, but am hoping to by off the shelf products and think I need something like:
1. Some sort of mixer/input switcher for each station
2. Some sort of microphone to plug into the mixer/switcher at each station
3. Some sort of speaker to plug in to each mixer/switcher at each station

Does this make sense? Does anyone have any advice?

I don't need music to play when microphone is on, and vice versa, majority of the time it will be music playing in background, music is not primary goal here, but I want the same music to be playing from a central source to all 4 stations. The stations can act independently of each other, e.g. station 1, 3, 4 can be playing the centrally controlled music while station 2 is doing a safety presentation.

Any suggestions of what to buy or what terms to use when asking for things to buy is greatly appreciated!

Matt

Thanks Conanski! These look to be more central units, i.e. everything is controlled from a central point. Is that right?

My goal is to have each of these units controlled at each station. So I was thinking there'd be some sort of box like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Alto-Profess...id=1468505472&sr=8-4&keywords=2+channel+mixer

So each space can independently change the input at their station without needing to go to a central point.

Basically I'm hoping that the staff at each station can say "Right, time for safety briefing!" and then turn down the music, turn up the mic, start presenting using the mic, then when done presenting turn the mic down and turn the music back up.

Hi all,

I'm building out an 8000 sq ft warehouse for a mixed use event space. There'll be 4 grouped areas of activities (2000 sq ft each) and I want to have a speaker and microphone at each of the 4 stations.

Basically there'll be groups of 12-20 people in each of the 4 stations, the people will get a safety briefing/set of instructions with the microphone, and then we'll switch over to music after the safety briefing.

The music will be centrally controlled and will play the same music to each space, when they have their input set to music.

I have no idea what I need to get, but am hoping to by off the shelf products and think I need something like:
1. Some sort of mixer/input switcher for each station
2. Some sort of microphone to plug into the mixer/switcher at each station
3. Some sort of speaker to plug in to each mixer/switcher at each station

Does this make sense? Does anyone have any advice?

I don't need music to play when microphone is on, and vice versa, majority of the time it will be music playing in background, music is not primary goal here, but I want the same music to be playing from a central source to all 4 stations. The stations can act independently of each other, e.g. station 1, 3, 4 can be playing the centrally controlled music while station 2 is doing a safety presentation.

Any suggestions of what to buy or what terms to use when asking for things to buy is greatly appreciated!

Matt

A dbx Zonepro with the ZC wall remote panels would handle this task perfectly. You would need 4 channels of amplification (2 stereo amps or Crown, Ashly, QSC etc.. 4-ch commercial amps)

All of it can be racked in 1 central location and other than setting the common music no other operating from that central location would be necessary

An XLR jack at each location wired back to the Zonepro and a single ZC-8 wall controller at each location are all that is needed to operate.

A dbx Zonepro with the ZC wall remote panels would handle this task perfectly. You would need 4 channels of amplification (2 stereo amps or Crown, Ashly, QSC etc.. 4-ch commercial amps)

All of it can be racked in 1 central location and other than setting the common music no other operating from that central location would be necessary

An XLR jack at each location wired back to the Zonepro and a single ZC-8 wall controller at each location are all that is needed to operate.

True, but that's a lot of cabling. Something like an active speaker, mic, and a switch to go between music and mic would be adequate for each station. It wouldn't need much of a speaker, either. A 6" two-way would do the job easily.

Chris

True, but that's a lot of cabling. Something like an active speaker, mic, and a switch to go between music and mic would be adequate for each station. It wouldn't need much of a speaker, either. A 6" two-way would do the job easily.

Chris

From an active speaker perspective - something like this looks like it might do the trick?
https://www.amazon.com/LyxPro-SPA-8...79&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=active+speaker&psc=1

So we'd have 4 of these at each of the stations, connected to 4 switches with 4 mics.

The switches would have two inputs, one being the mic and the other being from the central source of music, is that right?

You should consider transmitting the music via an RF link and you will require no messy cabling but it will cost a bit more. Some radio mics work well for this such as a Sennheiser belt pack with receivers at each station. Then all you need is a small Yamaha powered mixer and a couple of stand speakers and you are away. You may find a headmic is ideal for the lecturers to set their hands free. I've done this many times outdoors and had it working very well. I built a high gain antenna for the belt pack and mounted it on a 3 meter high pole.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.