4 ohm amp to 8 ohm speaker cabs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Have a look at this Sean ignore the power ratings given as you have probably realised by now that most are meaningless marketing B* at this end of the market.
Any of these will work together and its within your very limited budget. Don't expect miracles but it will be fine for a small venue and a little bit of a step up from the c*** you purchased before.
Amps - Behringer A-500 would be my first choice followed by Behringer NU 3000 inuke.
Speakers - Omnitronic DX - 2222 - Omnitronic DS-103 MK 2 - Studiomaster GX 15 .
In my opinion the above is as good as it gets with the money you have available .
Avoid Pyle - Exho - Skytronic - Skytec - Auna , for parts , speaker drivers etc try Monacor for decent quality on a budget .
Please note all these suggestions are based on your price constraints and i take no responsibility for any dissatisfaction should you decide to buy any of the items .
And finally my own home party system uses a mixer fed by a cd player and t/t into a TEN watt per channel amp driving a pair of Kenwood 80 watt 92 db 3 ways from an 80's stack .
This set up fills my house with sound and really upsets my neighbours :) As i said dont be blinded by power ratings clean watts / high sensitivity is the goal in your situation .

I´m ***SHOCKED*** , I´ve just seen what that amp has inside and I can´t believe it, power transistors, per channel, are a single pair of TIP41/42 (not a typo, NOT TIP141/142) , good for , with luck 30/35 W RMS per channel.
Just check for yourself, enlarge the picture so you can read transistor labels:
5702517500_1405291082.jpg

5112556600_1352576613.jpg

Last edited:
You can build a better amplifier than that for next to nothing - out of scavenged parts. And it is 100% of the entire reason I got into DIY in the first place. Because of how pathetic what you get for a hundred bucks in the store really is. The same money buys a surplus transformer and heat sink, a pair of soup cans, and a bunch of NOS 2N3773's. The rest can be scavenged for free. I'll bet with a little elbow grease you could slap together a TIP41 based amp without spending a dime other than a roll of solder and a perf board.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.