PA system setup for Office

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
We use a Robot Check LyxPro PA speaker system for our meetings for our employees in the office with a wireless mic/receiver. This system is adequate

But we can't figure out how to get our remote employees to also hear us... Currently we use google hangouts with a computer's built-in mic. Are we supposed to use a splitter? Special software?

The flow looks like this:

Wireless mic/receiver line-in > to PA speaker >to office >to wired microphone> to google hangouts.

Using a microphone to capture the speaker output of the PA speaker seems janky (and it sounds pretty bad to remote employees). Thoughts?

On the rear, is there not a MIX OUT connector? Use that as the signal source for the remote speaker system. Whatever signal or signals you input to the speaker will appear on that output connector. Try it.

And while I am thinking on it, doesn't anyone in your office have a kid in a local band? They could assist you in connecting up your PA needs.

On the rear, is there not a MIX OUT connector? Use that as the signal source for the remote speaker system. Whatever signal or signals you input to the speaker will appear on that output connector. Try it.

And while I am thinking on it, doesn't anyone in your office have a kid in a local band? They could assist you in connecting up your PA needs.

There is a Mix out connector... will that allow the sound to come out through the speaker AND whatever is connected to the Mix out line?

No band kids here that I know of, but I appreciate your help.

Yep, though be careful of just using an XLR-whatever adapter to plug into the line in of the PC feeding Hangouts. Chances are the XLR out will feed a lot more signal than the line in is expecting, so you could end up with a lot of distortion. Easy to find out, though, and fixing it is only a couple of resistors in the XLR connector.

Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.