Behringer Euro-power 2000

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I an amp tech and I have a Behringer Euro-Power 2000 on my bench . Problem is one of the themisters ears broke off and I've tried to find a replacement part for it . but I need the statistics on this part. is it a n/o or n/c devise I know its rated at 50 ohms also need to know the thermal cut off ether in degrees or celcious. The part # is Y04-15000-20589 for this thermal devise . I tried Mouser with this part# to no avail. That # is Behringers part number. Also would like schematic, THX alot.

Crest 8001 power amp

I have a Crest 8001 power amp on my bench . The problem is it comes up fine as long as there is no load on either channel . When I put a load on either channel , it goes into protect for about 30 sec. Then back off again. It maybe that I'm injecting too strong of a signal From my freq oss. I will try it out tomorrow with just a 8 ohm load and no signal and vise versa.

Don't be hung up on the exact same part and brand. Look for a 50 ohm NTC thermistor in the physical form you need.

Soul, not a good idea to start an unrelated amp repair in another thread. Threads are free, I suggest start a new one for the Crest.

Crest is part of Peavey, and they should send you any schematics you request from customer service.

Look at the output unloaded, no signal. Is there any DC offset?

the crest 8001's where produced long before peavey's acquisition of the company not all older product is supported.
with the 8001 the protection circuit can become fickle with age and require replacement of some cap's the other thing to look out for are the diodes across the output rails going into breakdown.
i have a mini list with part designations with regards to that fault if i can find it i'll post it

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.