Echolette M40 Questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have this four channel all valve mixer I've been working on. I changed out all the old, brittle 22 gauge wire with new wire in appropriate gauges. I also tried to dress the wiring better than some of the original. I haven't hooked up the three-pin input DIN wires yet, as I may change out the connector. I have a few questions regarding my progress:

(A) Where should I connect the pilot lamp? I don't see it indicated on the schematic. H2 is the rectifier and output stage filament, so this should be the appropriate place?

(4) I had read on another forum a post concerning a hum problem with this amp- The HT centretap and first filter stage grounds should be connected at the exact same spot. However, the PT secondary HT has only seven connections. Pin 1 and 3 being the HT tags, pin 2 the EL84 screens, pins 4 and 5 H1 and pins 6 and 7 H2. Do I need to make an artificial centretap and connect these two grounds?

I appreciate any help you may be able to provide.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 61
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.