Buying new tops, RCF event 6000 vs EV TX1152

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
15MI100 would be a good candidate. that is what I chose for RCF Event 4000, more efficient driver.
btw., great to see that you are happy with the 6000s. I told you so! what better to have than a horn loaded paper midrange!
For the worn-out surface, you can maybe apply layer of Warnex to make it look better.
the metal front cover - if ugly - gets fine by using sandpaper, then applying spray lacquer (cheapest available that works on metal surface)

If the drivers were fried i would get some advices on replacing them but since they are working great and seem to be original/not reconed or touched replacing them does not seem to be a good value for money to me.

Yeah i am very happy with the sound and their capabilities.
I have a guy who will paint them with a compressor for a small price so i will do that after summer. The next month is the time to get the invested money back :). Live show in 8 days!

Well they look original, all the dustcaps look the same. Membranes are in good shape. They all work great. I don't know if they have been reconed, i don't know how can i know that.
If drivers have not been pushed too hard they should work well even if original. Usage won't damage the coils. Clipping will.

Suspensions have been replaced for sure. I can see parts of old suspension under the new one on some parts. But not replacing the cloth surround on the 20 year old speaker and expect it to run well would be quiet impossible. I will probably replace them again. They seem to be quiet hard and dry. That's not expensive. Voicecoils are all good. That the most important part

You need 4 pole NL4 speakon connectors regardless if you use 4-core wire or a pair of 2-core wires, so I'd suggest a visit to the hardware store to see if they have any 4-core wire and if not just buy a pile of 2-core stranded wire (not solid wire) of sufficient gauge (12-14ga) and build your own cables. I'd strongly advise against building one off cables that are are 1+1- at one end and 2+2- at he other end as they will undoubtedly get mixed up with standard cables and get misused causing problems or equipment damage.

I have found a shop in Croatia selling Cordial CLS 425 cable. So it's a 2.5mm 4-core cable.

Any expreiences with this? So far i used proel and was very happy but i can't find a 4 core proel here

I'm going to make one 10m cable and one 5m cable.

EDIT:
so, 15 meters of this cable, 2 NL4's and 4 NL2's. This should run well right?

Last edited:
so, 15 meters of this cable, 2 NL4's and 4 NL2's. This should run well right?

Yeah that would work but here are a couple more ideas.

Make 2 standard cables with NL4s on both ends and then make a short Y cable with two NL2s and one NL4 and leave that plugged into the amps or at least figure out some way to label then so you know which NL2 goes to which amp. Then get speakon couplers so connect everything together.

https://ca.search.yahoo.com/search?p=speakon+coupler&fr=yfp-t-610

An alternate solution is to put a patch panel on the amp rack with NL4s mounted on it.. this is what I did. The upside of a patch panel is there are no special cables needed and an amp can be reconfigured to for example.. drive subs with the amp bridged mono by simply moving the banana connectors and throwing a switch. And if your subs are wired with a switch to use either the 1/1 or 2/2 pins on the connector you can utilize all the conductors in your 4-core cables, some pro dual 18 cabs are setup like this so each driver can be driven independantly. In any event this is just a couple suggestions, there are lots of way to do this some just have a higher possibility for mistakes and confusion on the job.

19815161409_3fd0d994b1_c.jpg

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.