DI Modification help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I need some help with this modification - thanks in advance for all the replies.

I have a Direct Box with a 1/4" input and parallel 1/4" out/thru, goes to an XLR out and also has a ground switch.

I have this mounted on my pedalboard for my guitar. I want to make the OUT/THRU 1/4" jack into a secondary input with a volume control. How would I make this happen? What do I need to disconnect, reconnect, etc.. what components do I need in terms of diodes, resistors, etc....

FYI - the secondary input would be used for a mono backing track input.

The 'out/thru' jack is normally wired (like directly with copper wire) in parallel with the input.

What you want to do can be done but it involves adding an op-amp to provide a mixer circuit. This isn't a complicated project but it's not a noob project either.

I would recommend googling for or looking for basic op-amp design tutorials. It looks like a fun learning project. Try and pick a low current op-amp to keep battery drain down. The pedal forums are great places for all of this kind of info too.

Graeme

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.