Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PA Systems A forum for discussion of all parts of a sound reinforcement or DJ system: loudspeakers, mixers (desks) etc.

Behringer Inuke NU1000 not powering on.
Behringer Inuke NU1000 not powering on.
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th February 2014, 06:56 AM   #11
Khron is online now Khron  Finland
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Khron Send a message via MSN to Khron Send a message via Yahoo to Khron
D23 = ER1J = 1A 600v superfast rectifier - assuming your multimeter has a diode test function, what are the readings, both ways?
D21 = 1N4148 in MiniMELF package -> is it just the camera angle + lighting, or is some of the glass casing chipped off? You might've nicked that when replacing the cap next to it - for reliability's sake, you'll wanna replace that.
R147-150 -> "from end to end", does the measurement read something in the neighbourhood of 50Kohms?

It might also be worth (double-)checking, or replacing, the optocoupler (by the markings, seems to be a PC817 equivalent). These rarely fail, but it's not unseen before - if memory serves, a friend of mine encountered failed optos a couple times, and the PSU came right back to life after replacing it.
Old 20th February 2014, 09:57 AM   #12
Paulmongan is offline Paulmongan  Ireland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khron View Post
D23 = ER1J = 1A 600v superfast rectifier - assuming your multimeter has a diode test function, what are the readings, both ways?

Measuring across D23 = 0v and 0.499v
D21 = 1N4148 in MiniMELF package -> is it just the camera angle + lighting, or is some of the glass casing chipped off? You might've nicked that when replacing the cap next to it - for reliability's sake, you'll wanna replace that.

Yes it does seem to be chipped alright. From my lack of experience how do you know what size D21 is? It has no markings on it at all.

R147-150 -> "from end to end", does the measurement read something in the neighbourhood of 50Kohms?

Yes 49.85K ohms. on both lines R147 - 150 and R148 - 149.

It might also be worth (double-)checking, or replacing, the optocoupler (by the markings, seems to be a PC817 equivalent). These rarely fail, but it's not unseen before - if memory serves, a friend of mine encountered failed optos a couple times, and the PSU came right back to life after replacing it.
Will order in optocoupler and replace. There is two EL817 optocouplers.. I'll change both of them with pc817's. In the attached picture I've removed some components for clarity
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (761.6 KB, 310 views)
Old 20th February 2014, 10:43 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

I am trying to source a replacement for D21 1N4148 mini melf I'm wondering would this example be similar ?

Buy Rectifier & Schottky Diodes Diode Switching 500 mw Min-melf DO-213AC Taiwan Semiconductor LL4448 L1 online from RS for next day delivery.
Old 20th February 2014, 10:52 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Khron Send a message via MSN to Khron Send a message via Yahoo to Khron
Yeah, that looks like the proper part

I'm pretty sure (only) IC5 is connected to the ViPer chip - i've yet to see more than just a voltage feedback opto, for one of these low-power stand-by flybacks.

PS: Now that i get a better look, even though those are indeed Panasonic caps, i'm afraid they're very much NOT from a low-ESR series. 85c temperature rating => general purpose series; blue sleeve = M series? (i believe the SU series is discontinued).

All low-ESR series have 105c ratings, and some examples from Panasonic are the FC/FM/FK/FR series.

Oh, and C27, by how the traces are going, may well be the "last" filter cap before the ViPer's VDD pin.

Last edited by Khron; 20th February 2014 at 11:01 AM. Reason: PS.
Old 6th March 2014, 03:21 PM   #15
Hamitaw is offline Hamitaw  Suriname
diyAudio Member

Is there any update on this?
Ive got the same amp and it died for no obvious reason.

Interested in the outcome!
Old 18th March 2014, 04:58 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Sorry for not getting back sooner. It's extremely busy around here and I'm only getting a chance now to update.

As khron pointed out above I did have general purpose caps in as replacements. I did get around to changing these all to Panasonic low ESR 105c ratings.. I changed D23 and D21 ( mini melf). I changed the two optocouplers.. I tested the thing again and still had a dead amp. So I left it for a while to work on a crown 2400 macrotec power amp..

With the crown macrotec repaired and returned to the customer, again I stand here looking at this dreaded piece of behringer equipment.. I guess I will have to do a bit more research into it.

Will be posting if I get a result.

Thanks to all for giving me advice.
Old 18th March 2014, 05:39 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

No Problem!

My amp died suddenly too, I guess it is the same reason as yours.
It worked ok night before. the next day I powered it on and thought I heard an electrical spark-like sound coming out of the wall plug. Could have been the internal fuse that failed, but if it really came from the wall socket, it could be equivalent to cycling the amp on & off while powered on (bad connection between cord legs & wall socket?).

Anyway, mine isn't covered under warranty anymore and it is an early production model since it was bought june 2012 and those seem to have a bug, even confirmed by Behringer (Behringer iNUKE NU6000 amplifier - Page 4).
I am however in South America and sending the amp back would not be cost effective.

Ive brought it in for service to a non authorized repair shop (no Behringer authorized shops in my country), and the first parts found faulty were the two 6R199P transistors. I cant find them locally, and have ordered them online. The repairshop also referred to them as HAP-104 & HAP-108, but could find any info on that code.

I will keep you updated on this, but since you also replaced the 6R199P and didnt get it working, my hopes arent set high..........
BTW, do you have the full part number of these 6R199P transistors? mine are blown apart and I barely could make out the code stamped on it.....wondering if I ordered the right ones as all I see on the net are 3 legged ones and the originals are 2 legged....

Looking forward to your responses!!!
Thx (& sorry for the hijack!)
Old 19th March 2014, 12:37 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

A quick google search brought up the part as actually being an Infineon IPI60R199CP.

http://www.infineon.com/dgdl/_rev2.2...12b42c77ea4707

Sounds like these are the main switchers in the main power supply. And yes, if they're shorted, then "even" the stand-by power supply won't have much voltage to work with, if any. Odd, though, that the fuse is still intact(?)

I recall a small adage that a friend of mine likes to use (taken, i believe, from Dave @ EEVBlog) - "Thou shalt measure voltages"
Old 20th March 2014, 01:23 AM   #19
diyAudio Member

Looked up the link you posted. Are you sure its a 3 prong part? Went back to the shop and asked if it was a 3 prong part.... Sure enough it seems its 2 prong in the nu1000. Have pics in mu phone that show 2 prongs...not hosted yet, but will post them once ive uploaded them...
Old 20th March 2014, 01:24 AM   #20
diyAudio Member

Oh, and fuse instantly blew when powered on

Behringer Inuke NU1000 not powering on.Hide this!Advertise here!