Cheap tweeters for a 15" woofer.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Do you mean 3 way or tri-amped? Because I'm already doing 3 way.

So far the Behringer A500 seems great, stays pretty cool even when playing at about 3/4 power, and no fans (unlike the slightly noisy Crest Audio LA601).

3-way with a sub, really. You could choose to tri-amp or not to tri-amp. If you did tri-amp, you could change crossovers on the fly with foobar.

I thought the A500 was under repairs at one point, was it not?

3-way with a sub, really. You could choose to tri-amp or not to tri-amp. If you did tri-amp, you could change crossovers on the fly with foobar.

I thought the A500 was under repairs at one point, was it not?

Oh you mean use both mids, the high, and sub. I suppose I could do that but when I think of it the first thing I see is dollar signs. I need to buy a different crossover arrangement, as well as build a new box to accommodate both mids. I might use both, but I'm leaning toward not, we'll see.

As far as the A500 goes, I still haven't gotten around to ordering the left channel's filter cap, so the entire left channel is just disconnected inside the case, one channel is more than enough for the mids and highs. I will fix it when I order the 10" and crossovers.

Oh you mean use both mids, the high, and sub. I suppose I could do that but when I think of it the first thing I see is dollar signs. I need to buy a different crossover arrangement, as well as build a new box to accommodate both mids. I might use both, but I'm leaning toward not, we'll see.

You can test it absolutely free though! Modify your box for the 10", and forward face mount your closed back mid on top of the box, tri-amp, and then test out crossovers with foobar. You may like the results and decide it would be worth the investment. If not, you haven't lost anything.

As far as the A500 goes, I still haven't gotten around to ordering the left channel's filter cap, so the entire left channel is just disconnected inside the case, one channel is more than enough for the mids and highs. I will fix it when I order the 10" and crossovers.

Sounds good.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.