reduce noisy of amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have made a STK4192II audio amp and a LM1036N preamp.

So when I connect this with my speakers it get little bit of noisy, When I reduce volume from preamp that noise also get reduce, but when I listen to the music that noise also comes.

So what kind of thing should I do for remove this noise. for make sound clear?

Attachments

• STK4192II.jpg
    STK4192II.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 203
  • LM1036N.jpg
    LM1036N.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 191
It is a hiss noise

The data sheet for the 1036 claims 80dB sn relative to 0.3 Volt which to me is a bit noisy but livable. However, your power amp gain is 101 which seems WAY too high which would aggravate your problem. You might try reducing the 56K resistors in the power amp feedback down to 15k which will push the gain and noise floor down about 12dB. If you have sufficient volume control range you can leave it there.

The data sheet for the 1036 claims 80dB sn relative to 0.3 Volt which to me is a bit noisy but livable. However, your power amp gain is 101 which seems WAY too high which would aggravate your problem. You might try reducing the 56K resistors in the power amp feedback down to 15k which will push the gain and noise floor down about 12dB. If you have sufficient volume control range you can leave it there.

For LM1036N preamp I've used 100k volume controls.

I checked disconnecting preamp but noise still same.

But I didn't check with battery powered one, I'll check it.

Also I will post my project photos later, certainly.

For LM1036N preamp I've used 100k volume controls.

I checked disconnecting preamp but noise still same.

But I didn't check with battery powered one, I'll check it.

Also I will post my project photos later, certainly.

The range of the volume control isn't the value of the pot 47K or 100K. My suggestion is to reduce the gain of the power amps by 12 dB. If the gain of the power amp is too low you'll have to turn up the volume control higher which might be a problem. Reducing the power amp gain will reduce its' noise independent of the preamp.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.