help with a power amp - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Live Sound > PA Systems

PA Systems A forum for discussion of all parts of a sound reinforcement or DJ system: loudspeakers, mixers (desks) etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th September 2013, 08:03 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

thanks for the imput guys ill check it out and ndcraig my 7300 looks different than the one you pictured mine has two big blue capactiors inside and the imput jacks connect to a circuit board it looks like new inside as it has never been out of the rack since the day it was brand new I did notice when I checked the xlr in jacks that all three pins have continuity between them I don't think they should im thinking the input board may be the problem I will try and post some pictures soon
Old 4th September 2013, 09:25 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

heres a few pictures of my map
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1373.jpg (732.2 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1384.jpg (1,010.3 KB, 37 views)
Old 4th September 2013, 09:28 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

I have not cleaned it this is how it looks after 25 years
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1382.jpg (1,005.2 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1377.jpg (721.2 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1379.jpg (995.1 KB, 34 views)
Old 5th September 2013, 01:17 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

thanks for all the help I found the problem the xlr inputs are shorted to ground I was using the amp mono 1/4 in then jumping xlr channel 1 to 1/4 channel 2 then both channels out if I use both 1/4 in and leave the xlrs out of the mix the amp works fine I don't know what happened as I used it xlr to 1/4 for years with no problem all I can think is the board shorted any way thanks guys this is a great forum
Old 5th September 2013, 03:36 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaman View Post
thanks for the imput guys ill check it out and ndcraig my 7300 looks different than the one you pictured mine has two big blue capactiors inside and the imput jacks connect to a circuit board it looks like new inside as it has never been out of the rack since the day it was brand new I did notice when I checked the xlr in jacks that all three pins have continuity between them I don't think they should im thinking the input board may be the problem I will try and post some pictures soon
It looks like mine is actually a 7300"A" - a later model, and last version of the amp. It seems to have the same specs for output, so don't know what the differences are.
I have had both versions and never really noticed any differences in the performance.
Old 5th September 2013, 01:05 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

yea ndcraig the 7300a was a little different and this is a great amp like I said I got it working it was just a xlr input shorting out and not allowing a strong input signal all is good

Hide this!Advertise here!