4 channel amplifiers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Find an old Rane MA6. Nice little amps, and you have two extra channels. Also, if it matters, the channels can be paired and bridged.

http://www.rane.com/pdf/old/ma6dat.pdf

How much power do you need really? If you rack your gear, why not just stack a pair of stereo amps. That gives you a zillion options. 4-channel is rather specialized. There are new low weight amps that won't break your back. The Peavey IPR1600 weighs only 7 pounds, so 14 pounds for two of them. It is rated down to 2 ohms, but at 4 ohms it is rated 500 watts, more than enough I'd bet. And Musicians Friend has them for $239.

Peavey IPR 1600 Power Amp | Musician's Friend

There are also single space rack mounted amps, and a pair of those would take up no more space than a single 4x amp.

Find an old Rane MA6. Nice little amps, and you have two extra channels. Also, if it matters, the channels can be paired and bridged.

How much power do you need really? If you rack your gear, why not just stack a pair of stereo amps. That gives you a zillion options. 4-channel is rather specialized. There are new low weight amps that won't break your back. The Peavey IPR1600 weighs only 7 pounds, so 14 pounds for two of them. It is rated down to 2 ohms, but at 4 ohms it is rated 500 watts, more than enough I'd bet. And Musicians Friend has them for $239.

There are also single space rack mounted amps, and a pair of those would take up no more space than a single 4x amp.
I bought a t4-700 for same porpose from thomman and i'm very pleased with it. Light, cheap, good sounding, 4 vu's and 4 x 700w/4.

Peavey always fudges the numbers, 100hz crossover so for vocals only monitors fine, but if you get a keyboard or bass player that wants monitor your going to have a problem.

i say go for the matrix XT4004. it will keep going long after the T.amp tsa4-700 has died on you.

im not against T.amp i have a MX-2400 i use for bass at smaller parties its just the Matrix is worth its weight in reliability many many many times over. and weighs in at around 8.5kgs.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.