Expert Advice needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
+1 on the idea of room treatment. Very important, and often overlooked. You can make home made bass traps out of fiberglass insulation, wood, hardware cloth, and cover with fabric that blends with the room. On the gear, I like the EV N/d 757 as a mic. Its a very good sounding, with a tighter pattern than the SM58, and flatters most any voice. Also rugged, and not too costly.
Soundcraft Gigrac 1000 for powered mixer, and a pair of Tannoy V8 or V12. Yamaha Sm112 or 115 are a lower cost speaker, and easy to find used. Last, a nice pair of tripods (maybe crank up?) to elevate the speakers. Cheers !

chrispenycate
n'est ce pas une cave de rendement which would be a storage cellar. sounds like a weird place for a show but i've done some gig's in some pretty weird places myself.

"Mandement", not "rendement"; that would be the efficiency of the speakers(;)).

Pretty strange, yes. Stainless steel polycylindrics (storage tanks in which the grape juice does its alchemical transformations into the liquid which is filtered into bottles. And they have to be able to clean everything sterile, so acoustic treatment has to be instantly removable, and see glass tubes and meters everywhere, so it would have to be custom fitted to the space.

Which is why I went for directional aimed, and humans as absorbers; they move out of the way automatically when you start hosing down the region with disinfectant.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.