Snake sale at Seismic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Seismic is selling off many returned snakes at half price as-is. Most are just order or shipping errors, all are like-new but untested since return; most are perfect but some could have a bad XLR or something. But HALF PRICE on a snake that has not been on the road is a great deal. And it's not half off list, it's half off their discounted price.

A bad snake with intermittent problems or missing lines is a pain in the derriêre. (just to say it in French).
They must have been returned for some very good reason.
Just sayin' .

I bet they go "As Is - no returns" or something.
Even half of a discounted price we are talking about a couple hundred bucks.
I'd rather buy a used but tested working one for the same price (or less).

I've never had a problem with snake cable except after abuse on the road. I'd much rather have new foil shields and new clean connectors any day. Cheap snakes have limited life and degrade every time they're deployed or packed back up. For half off I'd re-do the whole box end if I had to.

I've returned plenty of stuff to Seismic due to mistakes at my end or theirs, never from a product defect. But yes, it would be a bitch to be the one guy who gets a genuine cable fault.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.